10• Ex-amble

It's quite obvious that hearing the word Ex meant something bad.

I've have two boyfriends before J'ai.

Jerome is a black guy that my family knows about. Logan is the white guy who was more of a bum that I didn't date for long. Two months max, since I didn't want to have sex with him.

Jerome had some knowledge about me as he was the one who took my virginity.

In his head, I'm his, yet he's for everyone. I left him but he keeps crawling back until my brother had to call his soldier friends to handle him properly with a good beating.

It seems he is back for more.

"Him gone ova Lenny." Someone else said.

Lenny and I aren't on speaking terms anymore.

That cousin was like my twin and best friend, but since he loves his whoring friend more, I've cut all ties with him as well.

After sometime, it's like we're here to just sit and eat. Then my family found pictures from all over to tell J'ai about the backstory.

Next was the walk we decided to have, going by the football field where the smaller kids were playing.

"Tawana!" My little cousin called as he held the ball under his foot.

"Wahm'n?"

"Him can play?" The little preteen asked in a way as if he was big.

I turned to J'ai. "Mario wants you to play with them."

He smiled and went over.

Mario's first move was to kick the ball to his friends but J'ai being taller and quick, he took it.

"Eh." Mario tied to take it but was unsuccessful.

He called his friends in for backup but J'ai dodged their advantages and scored a goal.

Soon enough, us females stayed seated under the trees as the males started two different teams.

One with shirt and another without.

J'ai and Zac are on the same team so Lilly and I held their shirts.

An watching him from a distance suddenly reminds me why I was still hopping.

His back was a colourful artwork of a fire breathing dragon with a rainstorm of lightnings and dark clouds in the background.

His chest is perfectly chiseled to perfection like his muscular arms.

"Tawana." Winnie nudged me.

"Mhmm?" I looked at her with confusion.

"Lilly, she's staring quite hard that she forgot we are here." Winnie laughs along with Lilly.

Rolling my eyes at them, I looked at J'ai moving across the field.

"Tayiemah." That disgusting voice called.

I ignored him and Winnie hissed.

The girls then made a circle around Lilly and I.

"Wah dis fah, mih jus wah talk tu har." He chuckled.

Waste man.

No one acknowledges him.

Being determined, he stepped closer and peeked in at me. Grinning like an idiot.

"True yuh find Chiney man yuh deh gwaan hype." He remarked and I looked away from him.

"Move from yah suh nuh." Winnie was pissed at him now, stepping towards him. "Yuh words a wind suh yuh try know seh none a dem naw hurt har."