~Chapter One; Just like them; Komodo 🍖~

Start from the beginning

Crimson shuffled the pouch in Komodo's face, suffocating him. Crimson tugged Komodo out of the water, and started thwacking his face with the emerald money pouch. He thwacked Komodo so hard that pain wedged and pin pricked itself between Komodo's teeth, and with a swift, strong, sudden movement Crimson snapped his jaws shut, the emeralds jabbing his gums that tears of pain sprang into Komodo's eyes. He tasted blood in his mouth. He realized the emeralds went in so hard that it was embedding between his teeth.

Suddenly, like a monster or thunderstorm billowing up inside him roared. Determination flashed inside his chest. He angrily swapped his tail in Crimson face and slid out of the sea, blindly choking him. "STOP IT, YOU HAIRY SON OF A HELPLESS RAT TURD!" Komodo shrieked, anger controlling his claws now. His dangerous, unworthy, clumsy fat claws.

Komodo had strength he never had before. It was SCARY, way too scary. He went at Crimson's face, punching until blood soaked Crimson's snout. The other SkyWing was barely breathing. Komodo sank back, and clapped his talons over his snout. Tears leaked out of his eyes. "Oh my moons, I'm so sorry, are you alright? I didn't mean to do that!"

The teacher stormed over, and Komodo's chest and stomach lurched. The hollow eyed- narrow-nosed pointy-snouted teacher gasped and glared at Komodo. "YOUR COMING WITH ME" The teacher hollered angrily, grabbing Komodo's arm, pinching it painfully.

Komodo was sent home, his Mother prodding him from all sides and seeing if he was okay (Not very well) then starting screaming at him like he exploded a firework in the house. He was locked in his room. Well, the large closet where he slept on a bale of hay. His closet room had a dirty treestuff (because they were too poor to buy a house- well, a shed with real wood) shelf that held cooking pans and cooking guide scrolls. Komodo's favorite thing to do was cook or bake. You could call him an angry chef if you really wanted too. Someday he was going to be the chief of the kitchen. Him, the best cook of all time, maybe a restaurant would even be named "Komodo's Fried Food" Not to be confused with "Fried Komodo Dragons" But, he wasn't going to reach his dream, no matter how hard he tried. That's what his father said when he was young. "I wanted to be a famous inventor, too, son. And look where that got me- NOWHERE! GIVE UP!" But Komodo wasn't the type of dragon to give up his dream. Later that night, he cooked and baked and stirred and roasted every meal in the house to make him feel better, and made his mother taste test all of them. She was actually tricked into thinking they were fast food! HE EVEN MADE MOTHER'S PORK STEW TASTE GOOD! He watched as his Mother snorfed up every food object (that's why she was so obese now) But not all of them.

Komodo had to shove the turkey in the mini freezer. Then his mom hollered at him how you COULD NOT PUT COOKED TURKEY IN THE MINI FRIDGE, DANG KOMODO, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Then the SkyWings authorities showed up at their door, and he was basically a prisoner for Queen Scarlet to toss around in the arena. Without cooking. That's where he was at right now. The stadium was packed with clapping, hooting, whooping dragons, varitenting to Skywings to Sandwings to Mudwings. Prince Vermillion, a bright red SkyWing and Scarlet's son, a famous announcer, swooped down toward the sandy blood-scented arena.

"ALRIGHTY!" Vermillion boomed. "Here is the battle of the day, between a SkyWing, Komodo of the SKY DRAGONS!" He roared to the crowd. "And a SeaWing dragonet lurking suspiciously on the outskirts of SkyWing territory, who has a high rank, Atlanta!"

Atlanta swiveled her head around to tip her light blue-green head at Komodo. She studied him, and then, carefully carefully, took a step toward Komodo. Komodo grinned slyly. He loved fighting. It gave him a chance to get rid of his ADHD and worries. He could just stop thinking about the problems. But he won a gladiator fight already, so this was his second battle. Which meant if he won the next two, he would have to fight with the monster.... The Queen's Champion, Peril of the SkyWings, a firescales. Komodo didn't really THINK that Peril was a bad dragon, or a monster. She was just different. Komodo understood that, but his Mother, Morning, didn't. She was against firescales, and most things, and always had to be annoying and embarrass Komodo, jumping in unnecessary fights. She was what you called a special needs dragon, or a Karen.

Atlanta looked like she was studying his expression. She tipped her head to one side, with a calm gaze as if even with the world blowing up she would be peaceful and tranquil. Komodo squinted at her sparkling purple-ambery eyes. His last opponent had fear and anger in his dull eyes, and didn't have any spark in them at all, just like his personality, just like most dragons. He studied the SkyWings on the stage. Their eyes were all crazed and excited and murderous but still dull.

Komodo had a feeling that this dragon could change his life.

A/N Thank you for reading! This was posted 1/14/2023 so it hopefully will not be cringy. If you have any suggestions, or if my grammar or spelling is bad, or my description, let me down below. Also, ships. Ships in the real Wings of Fire world, pantala or pyrrhia, can also be in this book. The only ship I won't except is Blicket and Quinterwatcher war. Also, I really hoped you enjoyed the story. No fighting or mature stuff in the comments either, and no swearing. Two more things; this book will take place 1 arc- 3rc, and go back into the Darkstalker legends. Heep reading if you would like! Please. I not desprate, I promise...

PLEASE READ THE NEXT CHAPTER WHEN IT COMES OUT- No no, do what you want, jk, lol. Anyway, hope you enjoyed, suggestions and requests in the comments. I am actually really proud this had 1,798. I know that was random and not a good flex, but still. OK, rapping it up, peace, my dudes, and bye.