fallen into danger

DAHLIA P. O. V

I was having trouble in getting a sleep just because of what happened at the cafeteria.what the hell is that jerk's intentions, did he killed Bridger, why does he want to meet me at Eku's woods,should I do as he say, what if he do something bad again if I don't go and he's the only one that can be my witness, I should definitely go there cause he was with me when I left my phone at the cafeteria. I jumped out of the bed, putting on my red clog and ran out of the room, my dressing wasn't bad, I was in blue shirt and shorts and my hair was packed in a pink beanie, I rushed out of the apartment, silence filled everywhere as if there was no one passing by, I edge my way down to the woods, mysterious sounds swoops in the air, creeping it real and I could hear the wind blowing down the pine trees leaves as it whizzes along, I summon courage, going inside the thick darkness. I dawdled around in case I find Davis anywhere nearby, but he was nowhere to be found. I'm so stupid for coming over here, I shouldn't have obeyed him. There was rustling sounds coming from a distance, it was getting near and I had to take some steps back, ready to flee from any danger, I took in a quick nervous breath, hoping it doesn't turn out to be a wild animal. However Davis appeared out of the bush and I saw something unrealistic that almost took me by surprise, he has a hint of red at the corner of his eyes with veins growing beneath his lids.
"Davis!!" I called in confusion, trying to maintain distance, my heart was hampering in my chest as if it wanted to pop out, my hands went cold when I saw blood dripping down his fangs , he had upright ears like a dog with pointy nose, his lips grew tight and pulled forward as he glare into my eyes like he was about to take my soul, I was frozen with fear, sweat beads down my face, towards my lips, standing in alarm, it was nearly impossible for me to breath, I thought my breathe was the loudest at that second. Oh my god. He was pale, having cracking skin and lumps, so I turned around and took to my heels as soon as possible, I ran faster , losing total control over my legs, my speed seem to be slower than I thought and I finally stopped after running for about an hour, he appeared right Infront of me, his jet_black claws drips with shedded blood, growing bigger than his normal height. Please save me. My mind was going crazy at his fangs so close to my neck, changing his eyes color constantly, Every bones in him cracks, turning into a wolverine and I escaped again even if he's still going to find me, I was running in a big circle around the pines, hoping I lose him behind,but he bit my cloth, pulled me back as he growled at me , making me lose balance out of fright,I fell flat on the floor,he was on top of me, pinning me to the ground with his sharp claws and then a gray wolf suddenly chuck him off me, towards a pine tree when he was about to bit my throat, the wolf was two times smaller than Davis wolf , it was as big as a bear, one of its front legs was a typical mixture of grey and black which makes it hard to differentiate it's actual color, it has perky ears, white underparts and long busy tail that flush in flawless white, my heart skipped a beat the moment they began to scuffle over one another, biting and gnawing to create injuries to themselves, Davis wolf was having brown furs with dangerous looking eyes as that of a wild cat, Davis threw the wolf across the far end of the river and it crashed into the river, struggling to get back up on its feet while Davis creep down to it, and I knew I had to run for my life before their wild fight gets out of hand, I ran into the bush, not minding if I was actually going to the wrong path, but I kept running as fast as my legs could go, I didn't even wait to look back cause I know that Davis will surely come after me any moment from now, my legs were already out of control, moving faster than my expectation and I tripped on a stone, falling on to my belly over a tree stump, it was like a stab through my stomach as I spat out blood, mumbling my last prayer with my eyes shut,my legs were too weak , already thinking of how my aunt will react when she hear about my death, there was creepy silence filled with the owls hoots and crickets cricks, I opened my eyes,squinting my blurred vision in attempt to look over my shoulder as soon as I heard deep grunts approaching me, there was the wolf holding onto Davis furs with its front claws and giving him bad scratch that could kill a human, I pulled myself forward, trying to get away from them, it felt like my legs were heavy to lift so I sat up, leaning back against the tree stump, a gasp escaped my mouth. Why can't I just die immediately, why must I go through this pains before I die. My breath cut in my throat, closing up.

JORGE P. O. V

My wolf felt bad for Dahlia, she was sitting on the floor in agony, touching her chest and fought to escape once more as she was already at the point of death, coughing out blood, so I strike Davis left eye with my claw immediately I managed to get on top of him and he let out a monstrous call, dying to get me off his back, but I held so tight, not letting go until he hits a tree and rub me hard to the tree's body. Yet I felt stronger, falling off just to rush over to Dahlia who was about to pass out, she was keeping distance from me, trembling with anxiety.
"Please don't eat me" she cried shakingly , dragging her weak body backwards and I could see fear torturing her,her eyes stared at me wide as big as an apple. At that moment, my crave for fresh meat began, it was tempting that I ran away, leaving Dahlia behind , my wolf was now in total control while I tried to stop it from straying, but it was impossible cause I was in my wolf form.

*************
I yawned, slowly opening my eyes and I realized I was still in the woods , it was almost dawn, crisp and dimmed, I sat up, leaning back against the tree stump just to scratch my ears,I was still in my beast like form so I cracked my bones and shift back into my humanoid, my claws retract, fading away, I looked around in case I find Dahlia nearby, but she was nowhere to be found, I scrambled and awkwardly stood up straight on my hairy feet, my clothes were still on me. I haven't change into my wolf on my own will since.....well is it's been sixteen years, being in my wolf form reminds me too much of the day my parents died, too much of the day I got bitten by Davis. I went over to the place I last saw Dahlia, but she wasn't there anymore just as I left for the road, going out of the woods, people were still hanging around as if the day already break, it felt like nothing ever happened last night, my gaze stroll through the busy vicinity and then looked straight down to my dorm which was ten minutes away. Immediately I got to the dormitory entrance, I sighted a bloody footprint on the floor, flowing towards my legs as it began to rain, slowly washing away the foot track, the rain turned into an heavy pour with thunder rumbling at a distance, sending everyone indoor and I had to run inside , letting the door shut behind. I hate getting wet in the rain, it makes my wolf uncomfortable. I was about to get to bed when the thunder rumbling left the moment with creepy silence and I found the same bloody footprint on the floor, this time it was thicker and more visible, I rose my head in order to see where it ends which stopped by my bed side and Bridger appeared across the room, looking sullen, deep scratch was all over his face with blood dripping from the wound on his right arm, he was in the clothes he wore before his death,but the white T-shirt was already stained in thick heavy flowing blood, he cried blood which left bloody tracks on his face, already pale like a corpse, showing no expression and I took a step forward, wanting to hug him badly, tears ran down my cheeks as I sniffled and I heard the voice of my dream whispered eerily
"Please save me" he fades away like the dust while I stared wide_eyed at the spot I saw him as if I was imprinting the moment on my brain, it was as if his presence was still in the room even after he left, wild winds blew the curtain down and slam the windows shut when the thunder struck really loud, I walked over to the window side in attempt of opening the curtain. However, I spot Dahlia passing by, towards her apartment, she seem to have fractured her left leg, limping forward as her quavering sobs echoes through the rain and she dragged her mouldy feet along, getting all clammy and wet , I could see Davis faint image following her closely behind out of thunder lightning, he was tailing her , gradually becoming invisible the more the thunder struck and later vanished and I sighed . I'm already seeing things because I haven't slept well lately, why will Dahlia be out there in the rain at this time, I'm definitely seeing things, it can't be Dahlia. I went back to bed, thinking of Bridger while I covered myself with a duvet , facing the ceiling and I yawned twice , already feeling dizzy just as I shut my eyes. It's going to be another bloody day.

Thanks for reading vicious pain, follow up for more updates about next chapter.