Part 4

(Lily POV)

"Whew! I am stuffed!" the swordsman exclaimed, satisfied after the large meal we had. "Having not eaten for three weeks, I was ready to gnaw through my bootstraps."

Once news of Axe-Hand Morgan's downfall spread, the townsfolk crowded us all the way from the base to the tavern with wonder and gratitude. We even got our meal on the house, though I insisted on paying for Koby's meal as a proper apology to the poor boy after he woke up.

"I can't believe you're finished. Lightweight," Luffy teased lightly while polishing off yet another plate.

"How the hell can you have a bigger appetite than a guy who hasn't eaten in weeks?" Zoro demanded with a raised eyebrow.

"It just tastes too good, I guess."

"Honestly, I've learned long ago not to question the mystery that is my brother," I said before popping a sushi slice in my mouth. Several cleaned plates sat aside my current one, drawing suspicious glares from the green-haired man.

"You're eating just as much as he is!" Zoro accused.

"Growing up around Luffy, you learn to eat as much as you can as fast as you can. Makes your own appetite grow," I reply with a shrug. "Of course, he learned the hard way, many times, not to steal food from me."

"You guys are the most amazing people I ever met!" Rika declared after setting another plate in front of Luffy.

"Yeah, we are!" Luffy agreed, forgetting any manners he had and talking with his mouth full. "I'll be more amazing... when I'm King of the Pirates and have the One Piece. Oh, and the best crew on the seas."

"So, how many others have you gathered for your crew besides me?" Zoro asked.

"Hm?"

"You told me that you were in the middle of gathering a crew for your ship. And if you're gonna be King of the Pirates, I gotta assume you already have some waiting in the wings."

"Ah, about that--" I began.

"Nope, just you and Lily," Luffy cut me off, catching our crewmate off guard.

"Just...?" He pointed between the three of us in disbelief.

"Yep. It's just us."

"So three people are what amounts to an entire pirate crew?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Where do I even begin, big brother?" I muttered.

"We're a couple of strong guys, plus we got my awesome sister!" Luffy added, ignoring his so-called "awesome sister".

"Okay... But please tell me you have a ship," Zoro said with a doubtful tone.

"Sure do. It's right over there," my brother said, pointing his food-stabbed fork towards a nearby window that had a direct view of the lifeboat we had commandeered from the lady pirate the other day. I think it's safe to say that Zoro was not impressed. "We'll have an enormous one before long. Just you wait and see!"

Zoro burst out laughing, evidently doubting his new captain. "And how's that?"

"With a great big pirate flag on top."

"Ask a stupid question to an idiot, don't expect a smart answer," I told the swordsman with a smirk. It'll be fun watching someone else deal with Luffy's antics for a change.

"I think Luffy was born without that part of the brain that allows the rest of us to plan out what we have to do," Koby said after quietly observing us for a little while.