Bath

Prompt: "Taking a bath with a lover."
—————————————————-
Miranda was soaking in the tub after a long day of work. Her aches and pains had aches and pains. Standing for long hours in the OR. She had back-to-back surgeries today. Her neck ached, her back ached, and she felt aches in her fingers and all 10 toes. And a sort of kind of kink inside whenever she thought of that hospital that made her wince. As soon as she got home she kicked off her shoes and stripped her clothes. She ran a hot, hot, hot bath and added plenty of bubbles. She slowly lowered herself in the tub exclaiming a loud and drawn-out damn as she did.

"Wasn't sure what was happening in here" Ben walked in laughing

"Everything hurts" She pouted "What were you thinking"

"I mean usually when you say damn like that it's because I'm making you say it" He smirked

"Get out" She rolled her eyes "I am not in the mood for that"

"Did you forget about that natural pain relief"

"I am getting pain relief in this hot bath" She splashed the water around a bit "and that's all I need"

"This does feel nice" He stuck his hand in the water

"Told you"

"I think I'll join you" He took off his shoes, socks, and shirt. Then he started unfastening his belt

"Kids" She asked

"The words pillow and fort were mentioned and I just let them run wild with it" He laughed

"No funny business if you get in" She looked at him with a serious look

He looked at her and smiled "I'm just going to take a bath with my wife" he took off his pants "Is that okay"

"Keep your hands where I can see them Ben Warren" She pointed

"This is a normal bath" He nodded as he took off his boxers getting in the tub right behind her with a slight gap between them. Once he got situated he put his hands up

"What are you doing" She laughed

"Keeping my hands where you can see them"

"Put them down" She shook her head "But keep them to yourself"

"Well I was just doing what you told me" He laughed putting one arm on the side of the tub and one arm down to his side "So why are you aching so much"

"I had like 5 back-to-back surgeries and then a big trauma came in and it was all hands on deck. I'm not even sure I ate today. And I got home on a wing and a prayer" She sighed "How was your day"

"Put out a small backyard fire" He slightly chuckled "Classic case of drunk idiots and a grill"

"The grill was on fire"

"Too much lighter fluid" He nodded "Then they knocked over the grill and the fire spread to the grass, then one dude tried to stomp it out. Barefoot"

"Did my husband patch up his foot" She chuckled

"Your husband put out the grill fire. And can you believe those guys asked me if the burgers were still any good"

"I can believe it" She laughed

As they soaked in the comforting embrace of the bath, they each talked about their day, laughed at each other, and simply enjoyed the intimacy of the moment.

"We should do this more often" Ben smiled "I mean we normally talk about our day but we don't do it in the bath"

"Because Ben Warren you tend to have very scandalous thoughts about your wife and we can't just soak in the tub together"