Kennith x Reader - Why would you even like me?

⚠️Self-harm, blood, swearing⚠️

(Y/N) had always liked Kennith. Ever since they had been in class together the boy had caught their attention, but they had never dared to speak to him. Firstly because their friends had always advised them to stay away from him, as he was 'quite a freak', but actually (Y/N) couldn't care less about the opinions of others. What they did care about was this blonde girl who was always hanging out with Kennith though. (Y/N) didn't know her because she didn't go to their class, but it looked like she and Kennith were good friends. Very good friends actually.

And although, as already said, it was only a platonic friendship, (Y/N) couldn't prevent the feeling of jealousy from creeping over them every time they saw them together. How they would love to be able to claim to be as close to the boy as the blonde was...

– – – – –

I was walking through the streets of my neighborhood, my nervousness growing. The reason for this was that I was on the direct route to Kennith's home. My mother had told me to visit him and ask him to fix our radio, as a friend of hers had told her that Kennith was quite handy with technology and had even fixed their old TV. "And he even goes to your class, that's perfect!", my mother had said, not letting up until I had agreed to ask him for help. Logically, I couldn't just have told her that I sadly couldn't visit Kennith because I was head over heels in love with him after all.

And so I was soon standing in front of the Simmons family house and took another deep breath before pressing the doorbell and waiting. But nothing happened, the front door remained firmly closed. "Oh what a shame, I'm afraid I'll have to leave then!", I said to myself and was about to turn around and leave again, but suddenly I heard a sound from the garage and walked over to it curiously.

The garage door was about half open and, not knowing what else to do, I bent down and crawled into the garage. Inside it was quite dark and messy, with technical devices in need of repair strewn about, along with a number of tools and cables scattered on the floor. There was no sign of Kennith or other inhabitants of the house.

Carefully, I made my way through the untidy garage and stepped out of it through a door, timidly calling out: "Uhmm... hello? H-here's (Y/N), sorry to just barge in like this, but I have a request for Kennith Simmons.. W-we're in the same class!" No answer. Slowly I started to feel really queasy, but now I already were inside the house after all, so I sneaked along cautiously, hoping to find someone who could help me.

"Did I just imagine that sound?...", I wondered as I climbed a few steps and now stood in the upstairs hallway. But then another noise reached my ears. It sounded like... sobs? "H-hello? Is someone there?", I called out worried, whereupon the sobs stopped immediately. The next moment, the door at the end of the hallway was pulled open and Kennith was standing opposite me.

He was even paler than usual, his light pink hair was disheveled and his eyes teary. But what startled me most about his appearance were the deep bloody cuts on his forearms. "(L/N)?! W-what the heck are you doing here?? Get out of my house, now!", Kennith shouted angrily as soon as he recognized me, but I didn't move, I just stared at the boy in disbelief. So he walked up to me without further ado, grabbed me roughly by the wrist and pulled me along with him while hissing indignantly: "Didn't you hear me? Get the fuck outta here!"

It was only then that I regained my speech and I tried to cover the insecurity in my voice as best I could while asking: "Kennith... did you.. cut yourself?" "None of your business, (L/N). Whatcha doin' here anyway? And how did you get in??", the pink-haired boy asked briskly and I hesitantly explained: "W-well, the garage door was open and uhh.. I'm here because our radio is broken and my mother thought you might be able to fix it if you-" "I see, well you can forget about that. I don't really do people who enter my house uninvited and sneak around any favors.", Kennith clarified and I had to swallow.