Slurpee x Reader - Lovely lil' dumbass

I was just taking a walk through the city park because I had nothing better to do and exercise is important (facts). I was lost in thought the whole time until I passed a large meadow where countless colorful flowers were blooming. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice calling out to me and I turned around in surprise. "Heyyy (Y/N)!", none other than my best friend Slurpee, who was dressed in black and white as usual and wore her headband with the little demon horns, greeted me happily and I smiled broadly.

"Hi Slurpee! Long time no see, what are you doing here?" It hadn't actually been that long since we'd last seen each other, because she had only turned up at my house yesterday because she wanted to pick up her hairband, which she'd forgot at my place the day before that day. Yes, she had been a bit clingy lately, but that wasn't a problem for me as I always enjoyed her presence. She was always in a good mood when we met, even if she was a little hyperactive sometimes, but I liked that about her too.

When I asked her, however, she became a little embarrassed and finally came out with a slightly nervous: "O-oh, we've got such nice weather today, I thought a little walk wouldn't hurt!", while avoiding my gaze. "Yeah, I was thinking that too!", I laughed, not giving much thought to her strange behavior. Then I noticed that Slurpee was holding her hands behind her back the whole time, as if she was hiding something from me. I grinned slightly and immediately teased her: "Oooh, what are you hiding there you little devil?", whereupon her pale cheeks took on a light pink shade.

But before I could wonder much, Slurpee pulled her hands out from behind her back and held out a small bunch of flowers to me. "I uhmm.. I only picked these flowers...", she mumbled, looking down at her feet as if that embarrassed her. "Oh Slurpee, what a sweet idea!", I said and she looked at me with a beaming smile. "Y-you think so??" "Yes, of course! They're definitely for your boyfriend, aren't they? I'm sure he'll love them!" When I said this, however, the smile disappeared from the girl's face and she practically shrank as she replied: "Oh that's.. what you meant..."

"Yeah uhh.. what's wrong? Have you two been fighting again?...", I asked worried and Slurpee nodded sadly. I knew that things hadn't been going so well between her and her boyfriend for quite a long time, somehow she always ended up with the toxic guys. A thought occurred to me and I asked curiously: "But who are the flowers for then?", whereupon Slurpee brushed one of her snow-white curls behind her ear and began quietly: "W-well, actually they're for-" "I know! If you give them to your boyfriend, maybe you can get along again!", I interrupted her excitedly, but Slurpee's gaze only darkened and she turned around with a snide: "I'll never give flowers to that guy again...", simply throwing the small bunch of flowers away.

I looked down at the colorful flowers in astonishment and also a little sadly, before I quickly ran after the white-haired girl and put a hand on her shoulder from behind. "Hey.. you wanna talk? We could go to town for a bit if you like.", I said in a caring voice and Slurpee immediately turned around. "R-really?", she asked excitedly, her eyes practically filled with stars. "Yes of course, come on!", I prompted her with a grin and simply took her by the hand to pull her along with me. I didn't even notice that she was turning quite red.

– – – – –

Slurpee and I had a lot of fun in the city center, just as always when we were out and about together. She really was a damn good friend! We were just passing a little store that sold all kinds of knick-knacks when I spotted a headband in the window that looked just like Slurpee's, only in my favorite color!

"Hey Slurps, look at that! If I buy that, we'll be in partner look!", I joked and Slurpee giggled slightly, but the giggles quickly got stuck in her throat as I marched off to go into the shop. "W-what are you doing??", she asked surprised and I grinned as I answered casually: "Buying the hairband, what else?", before entering the store. The white-haired girl blinked in surprise at first, but then smiled and followed me into the store.

Inside it was very cozy, but also pretty cramped as every corner of the shop was stuffed with all sorts of useful and less useful stuff. I quickly found what I was looking for and went to the counter to pay for the headband, then I looked around to see Slurpee standing in front of one of the wooden shelves. She was looking at some cups and bowls, all covered with a heart pattern, with a slightly sad look on her face. She must be sad about the situation with her boyfriend... poor Slurpee.

I quickly went to her and nudged her lightly, which made her wince. "Hey, are you alright? You looked so sad just now.. Is it because of your relationship?", I asked with a worried look, and Slurpee quickly shook her head and waved her hands defensively. "W-what no!... Well, it kinda is actually.. It's complicated...", she mumbled, looking to the ground evasively. "Okay, I'm not going to let my best friend be sad any longer. You're going to tell me exactly what's bothering you, okay? Let's go!", and with that I pulled her out of the store again.

– – – – –

Outside, we quickly found a bench to sit down on and I looked at Slurpee waiting, which made her visibly nervous. "Sooo? What's wrong, Slurps?", I asked with a small smile, and after the white-haired girl had been pressing around for a while, she finally spoke up:

"Well, it's like this... There's a specific reason why things aren't going so well between me and my boyfriend anymore." As she spoke, Slurpee avoided eye contact with me the whole time, as if she was ashamed, and tugged tensely at the hem of her miniskirt. "The reason is that there's.. another person I like more than him now..."

My eyes widened and I gasped slightly, as I really hadn't expected this! "Another person? I see...", I said thoughtfully and Slurpee continued: "Yes, and while my feelings for this person are getting stronger and stronger, they are getting weaker and weaker for my boyfriend. I don't think there's still a chance for us anymore... Besides, he doesn't care about me anyway, sometimes I even think he wants me dead..." "Slurpee, don't say that! If you explain the situation to him gently he'll understand and you can part in peace without arguing.", I suggested and she replied with a light sigh: "Yeah, you're probably right..."

I nodded affirmatively, but then I thought of something else. "Say... Who is this other person you like, if you don't mind me asking?" The girl immediately turned as red as a tomato and turned her face away from me so I couldn't see it. "That uhhh.. that doesn't matter. The person would never return my feelings, I'm sure of it. I've made it clear a hundred times that I like them, but they don't respond." "Ahh, I see...", I mumbled and continued, slightly frustrated: "That's too stupid, how blind do you have to be not to see signs like that?" But then Slurpee turned around jerkily and exclaimed slightly angry: "Oh goddamn it (Y/N), don't you understand?! YOU are the person I like!"

For the second time, my eyes widened in astonishment and I think my jaw even dropped slightly. "W-what? Me?!", I asked surprised and Slurpee gave herself a frustrated facepalm, but also grinned a little at the same time. "Yes for frick's sake, it's you! I already liked you when we first met and before I knew it, I was head over heels in love with you. The fact that I came to visit you so often, the flowers, that I stared at these porcelain pieces with hearts, that were all ways of making my feelings clear. But you just continued to see me as an ordinary friend, and I know that you still do, even now. I can understand that you don't return my feelings..."

She looked down sadly, but I grabbed her by the shoulders so I could look into her big dark eyes, and replied with a serious look: "No, it's not like that! I didn't ignore your hints or anything, I was just too stupid to recognize them. I'm sorry you felt bad because of that, I really am! I'm mad at myself if I'm honest..." Now Slurpee had to laugh slightly and gave me a poke on the nose while she grinned: "Yes, you were a little dumbass indeed, but I don't hold it against you. Maybe my signs just weren't clear enough..." "Or maybe I was just too dumb to perceive them properly. But.. I know how to make it up to you~" And the next moment I took Slurpee's face in my hands and kissed her lovingly. She turned bright red, but she returned the kiss gently and a tingling warmth flowed through my whole body.

We finally broke away from each other again and smiled broadly at each other, then a thought occurred to me and I rummaged briefly in my pocket to get out the hairband with the demon horns. "Here, now we're the perfect couple!", I grinned and put it on, which made Slurpee giggle. "I'm going to break up with my boyfriend tomorrow, I can't wait for him to finally be out of my life!", the white-haired girl said with a devilish little smile and I interjected: "Do that, but please explain it to him as gently as possible. We don't want to break his heart!" "Yeah yeeeah...", Slurpee groaned with a grin. "But I don't make any promises..."