The Photo

"Hey dad! What's this?" A small little child asked. Adorned in an orange, dino-like pajama, holding up what looks like a picture in a frame. He entered a relatively quiet room, and walked over to wear his father was sitting. Said man who had just finished some work, was looking at him curiously, before noticing what the young boy was holding in his hands. Amato smiled softly as he picked up the small boi and placed him gently in his lap.

"That, is a photo of your mother when we were younger, it was my graduation gift for her." Amato explained. Young Boboiboy's eyes lit in excitement."Woah! When did you give this to her."  He asked. Amato chuckled at his enthusiasm. "I gave that to your mother sometime after graduation. I was supposed to give it on her graduation but I crammed on the idea last minute so I had to give it to her late." Amato answered.

"Yup, definitely remembered those nights your dad spent worrying about his gift only to start on it 2 days before her actual graduation." Mechabot added, entering the room with a plate full of fresh karipaps. Amato turned beet red while young boi redirected his attention to his 'favorite uncle'. "Uncle Mechabot!" Boboiboy screeched. "You really gotta come in and embarrass me like that Mechabot?" Amato asked. "Yes, yes I do." Mechabot answered.

"Karipaps!!!" Boboiboy yelled. Mechabot quickly hid the plate away from his sight. "Nope! You saw nothing!" Mechabot said quickly. "Uncle Mechaaa, pleaseee!" Boboiboy asked. Mechabot still refused to give some. But his composure broke when he saw the 'puppy dog eyes' starting to fill up with some tears. "Uhk-! Fine, here, you can have some..." Mechabot caved in, revealing the plate of karipaps to the young child.

"Yeyy! Thank you Uncle Mecha~!" Boboiboy said happily, grabbing one and chewing on it. Mechabot sighed in relief, only to feel Amato's smirking look on him. 

-----------------------------------------------------

"Hey dad, where did mom go?" Boboiboy asked, now 7-years old. Amato froze, he thought that Boi would've been asleep right now. "Oboi... luv, why are you still awake? It's already past your bedtime." Amato murmured, picking up his son. "I was waiting for you and mom. Where is she though?" Boboiboy said, his voice getting quite drowsy.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow, okay buddy?" Amato whispered. Mechabot gave small boi a quick hug and pat on the head before going to rest for the night. "But you didn't answer my questionnn" Boboiboy whined.

Amato sighed, regret filling his blood. He set Boboiboy snuggled up in bed before sitting down beside him. "The thing is Oboi... me and your mother were in the middle of a mission today. Sometime, during the fight, we got separated. You're mother had to go somewhere on our spaceship to escape, to save a couple of lives..." Amato explained.

"Woahh! Where is she right now?" Boboiboy asked.  Amato flinched at his enthusiasm. He sighed and said, "The problem is... we don't know. We aren't able to find her... SO right now she's..." "Gone?" Young boi's eyes widened in shock. Amato nodded. Soon enough, tears, hugs, and kisses were spread as Boboiboy found comfort within his father's embrace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

8 years later, Boboiboy was walking into a very dense, and dark. Eventually, he arrived at a lake. The area was extremely quiet, and peaceful. The rushing water, the cooling air, and the feeling of detaching from society is the reason why he enjoy coming to this place. Why his mother enjoyed coming to this place.

"Hey mom...", Boboiboy whispered, "I know you're not here... but I really miss you... I've kinda had a lot near death experiences... But I mean, how would you know?" He looked down, tears starting to flow down, slow but steady. "It's been eight years... Eight fucking years... We don't even know if you're dead or alive. We don't know where you are... Please, come back..." Boboiboy cried out.