☆ 𝐎𝐍𝐄

The blue-haired male sighed heavily, finally finding comfort in the peace of being alone. Dealing with Nobara and Yuuji had been no easy task, mostly due to the constant bickering and childish remarks. Leaning against a nearby tree, he focused on the latest non-fiction book he started.

Yet, his focus quickly shifted to the peculiar encounter from yesterday. He had encountered Y/n on a few occasions. She rarely attended school, but when she did, she would often be seen with the Itadori twins, Nobara and himself. He had refrained from engaging in conversation with her, aware of her older brother; it seemed important to avoid contact with another Gojo.

"Megumin!~ Megumin!~" A cheerful voice pierced the peace, prompting the blue-haired boy to look up and find the same white-haired girl.

"Yes? What is it now?" Megumi queried, attempting to remain calm.

"Well, I made this list of things I want to do before I die, and I want to do all these with you."
"Don't you have other friends or your brother?"
"Well, none of them know about this, and you know how Satoru is..."
"Right, I'd still have to decline."
"Bu-"

Just then, as if on cue, Yuuji's voice interrupted,
"MEGUMI! Me and Nobara are going shopping; you have to come."

"Can't, I'm hanging out with Y/n," Megumi stated. Faced with the choice between two embarrassments and Y/n, he chose the latter.
"Oh, no worries, have fun."

"Great, so after school, meet me at the gate. There's this restaurant I've always wanted to try!" Y/n chirped while Megumi only nodded, having a slight feeling he'd regret this.

• ★ •

"Seriously?! How can you eat pizza? It's so hard to digest." Megumi commented at the female who was enjoying her pizza while he was eating chicken nanban.

"It's really good though, try it!" The younger Gojo suggested shoving her half eaten pizza slice on the males face who only scrunched his nose in disgust, "No."

"Never trust people that dislike pizza. They're probably not human," The female pouted.
"No, I'm still human."

• ★ •

After completing their food, they started walking toward the train station and overheard some delinquents bothering a young boy near a shop. Onlookers stood idly by, irking the younger Gojo. Megumi and Y/n halted their steps. Before the boy could react, the blue-eyed girl swiftly approached them stomping her food on the ground.

"Hey! Stop bothering him," she commanded, causing the delinquents to turn towards her.
"What are you gonna do? A cute lady like you shouldn't interrupt others," one of them said, leering at her.

Megumi joined her side, "Do what she said."
"Who are you now? Quit interfering and mind your own business," the same delinquent retorted, raising his voice.

"Leave him alone," Y/n repeated, prompting the man to harshly grab her wrist. Swiftly, Y/n yanked his hand away and retaliated with a punch.

"Don't touch me."

The others were quick to run away causing the blue haired male to scoff, "Cowards."

"Thank you so much!" the young boy expressed his gratitude.
"No worries, what's your name?"
"Junpei, you?"
"Y/n. Nice to meet you! Take care of yourself. If these delinquents bother you again, give me a call."

Megumi found himself staring at Y/n, who happily exchanged numbers with Junpei.

• ★ •

"You delivered quite a punch back there," Megumi remarked as they continued walking towards the station.

"Well, someone had to. Sukuna taught me how to land a killer punch! First time I've used it on a person, though."

Megumi hummed in response while the girl put her hand in front of her a face, a hint of sadness clouding her eyes as her gaze was fixated on her knuckles which were slightly red from the earlier punch, "My hand is all red... it's supposed to hurt, right?"

"Yeah... I guess?" Megumi replied eyeing her face. The female side glanced at him opening her mouth,

"Is it weird that I want to feel how much it hurts?"

The male remained silent, unsure of how to respond. The atmosphere suddenly felt awkward, and before he could open his mouth, he heard a low chuckle. "I'm just messing with you."
"Wasn't very funny."
"I know."

• ★ •

A/N: Thank you for reading <3