☆ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Living with Dying

The day my classmate, Y/n Gojo's funeral was held. The rain caused the sky to look gloomy. It didn't reflect her personality at all.

As proof of the life she lived the wake and funeral were drowned in all the tears of people who came to mourn her.

That's what I assume anyway because i didn't go... I stayed at home.

Megumi found himself standing impatiently. He could smell the disinfectants, intermingled with a faint hint of coffee from the nearby cafeteria. The fluorescent lights overhead cast a glow which was too bright for his liking.

His eyes kept drifting to the reception desk, hoping the pink haired male who dragged him here would be standing there calling him to leave. The male's dark blue eyes then drifted to a certain book. Out of curiosity he made his way to the book.

His calloused hand reached down to pick up the book resting on the ground. Opening it, his gaze fixated on the cover: "Living with Dying." Turning the pages, he immersed himself in the contents.

:)
The doctor told me I'm sick. I've made this diary to cope with everything and feel peaceful about dying.

"Hey! that belongs to me," The male turned around to spot a familiar girl, Y/n Gojo, his classmate. With white hair cascading down to her chest and captivating ocean blue eyes, she bore a striking resemblance to her older brother. "Megumi? Did I surprise you?" Her plump lips curved into a perpetual smile as she walked towards him.

"I wasn't expecting anyone to read it, it accidentally fell from my bag. I rushed here as soon as I noticed it was gone."
"Yeah, I picked it off the floor."

The male extending his hand to return the diary to her.
"You read it right? I titled it 'living with dying' when I found out I had CIP, I started keeping it as a diary," Megumi remained unfazed as he grabbed his blazer from a chair putting it on.

"Wait, you don't think this is some kind of joke, do you? I would never lie about something so serious! I stopped feeling pain and high temperatures...and pretty soon... I'll be dead,"

Megumi stared at her, his face devoid of any emotion, "That's too bad." Y/n's eyes widened,
"Eh!? That's all you have to say? Usually people say the cute ones die young or something sort of comforting at least."

"Only Gojo would say something like that."
"Kinda, but c'mon, you've got to have something."
Megumi thought for a brief moment before shaking his head, "No, sorry." The female felt herself giggle while Megumi stared at her with a irk mark on his forehead.

"Oi! I'm done, Megumi, let's go," a loud voice yelled from behind, causing some people to glance their way. Megumi smacked the pink-haired male on the head. "Keep it down," he scolded, making Yuuji rub his head. "Oh! Y/n! What're you doing here?" The male questioned, now standing beside Megumi.

"Ah, I'm visiting a friend," she lied, giving him a warm smile. "Oh, I see. Well, nice to see you! I'd love to talk to you more, but Megumi and I have to go." Megumi sighed in relief grateful for the younger twin to rescue him from the awkward situation.
The female nodded, stuffing the diary in her bag and made her way to the reception.

• ★ •

Megumi trudged his way home, fatigued from a demanding baseball match. Amidst the weariness, he spotted a familiar face leaning against a wall. She appeared to be waiting for someone, and upon noticing him, she exclaimed, "Megumi!"

The blue-haired male felt a tinge of irritation. "Why are you here?" he asked. Undeterred, she approached him and started walking alongside him.
The male stopped walking turning to her,
"Are you going to answer my question?"
"Coincidence."
"I don't have time for your coincidences."

Megumi descended a flight of stairs, hoping to evade the girl trailing him. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on his side today. She hurriedly caught up.

"We're in the same class, right? I've always wanted to talk to you but never got the chance. Anyway, why were you and Yuuji at the hospital? Is Yuuji sick? I heard something has been going around lately."
"I'm going to be late for my train. Bye," Megumi, growing impatient, wanted to distance himself.

"Hang on! I wasn't done yet. I need you to promise to keep my illness a secret. No one except you and Satoru know. It'll be our little secret."
"I wasn't planning on telling anyone in the first place." Y/n slightly jogged forward, blocking Megumi's path. "Do you want me to spend the remainder of my time with you?"
"I'd prefer if you didn't... live your life however you want," the blue-haired male advised.
"You got it! Thanks for listening."

A sigh of relief escaped the boy's lips as he watched her run forward, turning around to wave goodbye before finally leaving.
Some part of him was sure the female wasn't going to leave him alone just yet.

• ★ •

A/N: Thank you for reading :)