CHAPTER #3

"Embracing the Past: Rediscovering Friendship's Warmth

- - - -

Blessed be the eyes, which see your face, and blessed be that heart, whose beloved is you.

- - - -
HIM-

Her eyes shine with mirth. And her cheeks turning rosy with every compliment I pay her. Her eyes widen with admiration as i  effortlessly spin the words, making her feel special as i compare her beauty to the stars in the night sky. She giggles, unaware of my ulterior motives. The words creating a sense of enchantment around the naive princess.

As her hands delicately wrapped around my neck, slow dancing .our bodies moved in perfect harmony. The moonlight spilled through the window. Illuminating the dark chamber, casting intricate patterns of light and shadows. Her movements were unsteady clearly showing that she is drunk. But she twirls and sways. Her laughter echoes in the darkness.

Oh, General.. I can't help but be drawn to you. Your charm and strength are irresistible.

Her words slurred and her voice filled with a playful, tipsy tone.

I find my cover slipping, her words of meaningless flattery making me frustrated. Her superficial advances make me grow tired of her. But I mask my expression. As I try to get some confidential information out of her

A few more honey laced words I think to myself- and my work is done.

I look at her vulnerable state lying unconscious on the bed after excessive drinking.

My facial expression conveys a mix of annoyance and indifference. As I leave her chamber.

- - - -
HER-

I look at the magnificent  greenhouse nestled within its grand walls. As i step inside, I'm greeted by a lush paradise of vibrant greenery. Sunlight streams through the glass ceiling, nourishing the space with greenery.
My eyes are scanning for a certain someone, as i pass by the rows of plants basking in the perfect conditions for growth.

And I find him standing in the farthest corner of the greenhouse. Surrounded by  red roses.

My  gaze lingered on Julian, i couldn't help but take in every detail of his appearance. His blonde hair, like strands of golden sunlight, cascaded perfectly around his face, adding a touch of effortless charm to his overall look. And his tall stature, standing head and shoulders above most, , a vivid memory of Julian came rushing back. We had been the best of friends since we were little, always getting into mischief and exploring the kingdom together.