CHAPTER FOUR

RED HOOD | JASON TODD (assorted canon)

────────────────────

"Long Overdue" (Jason Todd & Batmom!Reader) and (background - Bruce Wayne x Batmom!Reader)

| JASON POV

Jason stays largely impassive as Alfred checks him out

Jason stays largely impassive as Alfred checks him out. The only "wounds" he actually managed to obtain were two long surface level cuts from a buff guy with a lucky knife, the mildest limp known to man, and some bruises. He's got bigger stuff to worry about than what little damage he took.

Somehow Mask had gotten wind that Hood had set his eyes on his most recent purchase and had responded by borrowing some of Penguin's men while the man was in court, catching Jason off guard. That either meant that Jason was getting sloppy or his collective had a mole.

A goddamn mole. Whoever it was must've been stupid or crazy to think they could get this over his head. Now he'll have to deal with them, and fast, before he starts on any more plans.

There's a pat on his arm that has Jason turning his head.

"There you go, Master Jason. Hardly a scratch and everything is treated."

"Didn't pay all this money on armor to get a scratch from a whole buncha pocket knives and baseball bats, Alfred."

The old butler only raises a brow.

"Yes well, a particularly nasty bullet wound in Master Dick's leg says anything is possible on a given day. Armor or no," Alfred points to the two raised lines on either side of his forearms where he'd blocked that buff guy's slash for his face. "And clearly some fellow with a pocket knife did get a knick or two in."

Jason shrugs. The guy had been aiming for his face. His face that had only been a target because he'd blown up the old helmet to catch Batman's attention and his forearms and following Bruce's rules were a small price to pay for those kids' safety.