Part 18: Equal in all things

Start from the beginning

"Five minutes. You ready?"

"Where's my phone!?"

Dae softly smiles at me.

"Dae, is it safe to leave Groomzillia alone?" Sehun says as Dae covers her mouth and laughs.

"Dae, is he here!? My love?" I'm so breathless I barely get my words out.

"Of course, he's here. I don't know which of you two lovesick dorks is worse. He had the same question." My smile expands so wide my jaw aches.

"He is waiting for his love. You," Dae says. My heart radiates light through me.

"Okay, stand up straight. Let me see you."

I stand tall as Dae stands back and gives me a look over.

"Who tied that tie?"

"Sehun. I think he's lacking some best man skills if you ask me."

"As if you'll be any better when he walks down the aisle. Come, let me fix it. I can't have my boy meeting his groom on his wedding day looking a mess." She whispers in a small fit of fussing and complaining. "Where the heck is your comb?"

"Thanks, Dae. I knew you'd handle things well."

With my hair fixed and a proper tie, she stands back, giving her final examination. Suddenly she pauses. I look down towards her and her face is glistening with wetness and a trembling lower lip.

"Nice. Look at m-my handsome b-boy." I reach into my pocket and give up one tissue from my tissue stash.

"I-I wish they were h-here." I know she's referring to my parents.

"Me too," I say, softly moving in to hug her, and she steps back.

"You've ruined my makeup and now you want me to ruin your suit." She walks over to the door and turns to me before leaving. "Two minutes and don't you dare keep your greatest love waiting." I smile, feeling a burning sensation behind my eyelids.

"Never!" I declare.

"I know," she speaks and leaves.

Jungkook's POV

"You look fabulous, Kookie."

"Thanks, Lisa. Oh my God, I'm too excited Lisa. I'm just so happy."

"Are you nervous?"

"I was a mess earlier, but not now. I just can't wait to see my love. I'm just hoping I don't faint when I see my beautiful man standing there waiting for me."

"Kookie, I'm so happy you're my friend."

"Lisa, I love you and thank you for being my friend."

We both tear up.

"Okay, enough of this. Let's get you married."

"Lisa, we've written a new ending for our sad stories, haven't we?"

"Yes, we did. We really did." Her beautiful toothy smile beams.

We hug as Lisa's phone buzzes. She looks at the text.

"It's Sehun, they're ready. He says to hurry before he kills Tae's panicked nervous ass. Oh, I don't think I was supposed to say that last part out loud," Lisa chuckles.

"Oh no, my Tae is nervous. He's always so composed."

"Kookie, really? This is the biggest day of his life. He loves you so much." My heart flutters and I sigh. Yes, this is the biggest day of my life too and I'm about to marry the best man ever. The man that was made specifically for me.