Part 11: Hiding

Ten Minutes Later

Taehyung's POV

I walk to the elevator at the end of a long day. A hopeful day. There's a buzz about the changes coming to our biggest department this time of year. I can't believe the change that has already occurred in just 24 hours.

I see and hear the excitement in Tawon's and Jisae's voices. They're excited to work with Jungkook. These two have been with Kim's a long time and I trust them. They see excellence in him just as I do. He's something special alright. Kim's Department Store needs him. Why is there sadness in me about that? More selfishness and jealousy.

We were so close. God, I wanted to kiss him, and I think I would have had we not been interrupted. I have to allow him to focus on his work and I on mine. Our time will come, this is just not it, yet.

I've been hearing wonderful things about changes to the Holiday Department.

After lunch, I make my way down to the Holiday department and it is stunningly gorgeous. What? Am I at the North Pole? The decorations are spectacular, and everything is in place and easy to find. Jungkook and Lisa have done a fabulous job. It's all so magical.

I go to see him to tell him how pleased I am, but he's training a new clerk. I watch from afar and smile. He's standing in that spot where he fell and was wrapped in blinking Christmas lights.

I have to cover my mouth to prevent a loud outburst of laughter when I think of that adorable moment. I move closer and listen to him.

"Make sure that you smile. Every customer and child must feel that they are special and in a very special Holiday wonderland. There's no one better at serving its customers than Kim's." Why does his conviction and words make my heart flutter? He loves this place... just like me. There's a customer waiting to talk to him and I slowly back away, allowing him to do his job. I'll call later and congratulate him on the amazing work he's done.

December 24

"Tae, Sehun is on line four."

"Thank you, Dae."

"Good morning Sehun."

"Oh My God, Tae! The numbers are in and they're fabulous! It's a Goddamn Miracle!" Sehun shouts through my phone.

"That's awesome, Sehun! Great news on Christmas Eve!"

"Tae, we tripled our revenue! Oh, my, the Holiday Department really performed, my friend." It's not often that I've heard Sehun so excited. "I knew it, Tae!"

"Sehun, really? Are you going to be a naughty boy and lie on the day before Christmas?" I blurt out a laugh and the line goes quiet.

"Okay, Tae, I had a few doubts, but I never doubted you."

"Thanks, Sehun. I'll talk to you soon." I look out over the amazing view, close my eyes and sigh. My body relaxes as months of tension rolls off of me. I think dad would be proud.

Now I can relax. My store and its employees are safe. Thanks to Jungkook who would not be stopped and demanded a job. One of my two Christmas wishes had just been delivered by Sehun. I'm still very hopeful about the other one.

Jungkook's POV

The Holiday Department shines, and I'm not just talking about the lit Christmas trees. We can't keep enough of the Kim Tree Toppers on the shelf. For the last three weeks, our department has been packed with shoppers. Taehyung and I communicate by text message because we're both super busy. In fact, I'm still smiling from his last text. He texted that the Holiday Department has broken records set 12 years ago. Lastly, he said that all the changes I've made were smart and effective.