Chapter 28

-Harriet's POV-

-

*Yours

Hey! Still up?

*Yours

I have a question. Could you please spare this precious little pumpkin a minute of your time? 😔

I sniffed as I continuously wiped the remaining tears from my cheeks while I waited for a reply from the person on the other line.

After the incident earlier, I decided to just go directly to my room and isolate myself in the meantime from everyone else. I just don't want to talk with anyone right now.

I was just glad that Celeste didn't follow me here. But I know that I won't be able to get away from her, as she will surely make sure to find a way to corner me until she gets an answer about what really happened tonight.

Celeste knew Cleo. She also knew about our relationship in the past, but the only thing that I haven't told her is the real reason why me and Cleo broke up.

I don't think I was ready for that confrontation right now.

I know Celeste. She's as protective as I am whenever someone she's close to or important to her is on the receiving end.

I just don't want to make things worse. I don't want to drag the people I care about into this mess.

Napabuntong-hiniga ako hanggang sa naagaw ang pansin ko ng makita ko nang gumalaw yung three dot sa baba, meaning nagcoconstruct na siya ng i-re-reply.

*Mine♡

Harriet, it's already past midnight, and you're still up and messing around?

*Mine♡

Aren't you tired already?

Reading her response automatically brought a smile to my face. Despite the heaviness that I felt in my heart at that moment, just casually having a conversation like this with her calmed me inside.

*Yours

I'm doing good, Mahal. Thanks for worrying😘.

*Mine♡

Just one minute.

*Mine♡

I'll give you one minute. And it won't exceed that. That's all my remaining sanity can tolerate your annoying self at this hour.

Bahagya akong natawa sa sumunod na nabasa kong reply nito. Hindi ko na rin pinatagal at nagtipa na ako agad ng message.

*Yours

Ano ang binibigay ng doktor sa ibong may sakit?

Pagkahit ko ng send mabilis din agad ang naging reply nito.

*Mine♡

What?

*Mine

Are you flirting with me again, huh Abbott?

*Yours