(8) Somewhere

Klay and Keli attended the funeral.

It was full of tears but it brought the family together. Sammy was a well respected man in the town, he's lived there most of his adult life. He was a 6 foot tall man, a gentle giant. Although, he was strict and very protecting.

-------

"Klay Thompson?" Keli's uncle realized him at the reception, "you're the lucky man who ended up with my niece!"

This uncle was Sammy's older brother. Uncle Leyland was basically an older, laid-back version of Sammy.

Keli introduced the two.

"Did Sam already give you the talk?" Leyland smiled.

"Oh, he for sure did." Klay smirked.

"That's good. Now I don't have to tell you a second time okay! Kid, take care of my baby girl." He said.

*****

Back in California.

"How was my family?" Keli asked Klay.

"They were nice. I think they liked me." He laughed.

*back home*

Klay was out of practice for just a few days, counting today, because of the funeral and he spent this day taking care of Keli. She was just getting in 6 months, the baby was on its way.

They were planning the baby shower and since it was a boy..... Klay and Keli were still thinking of names.

"I think we should give him you dads name," Klay sat with Keli on the island.

"Samuel? How about that could be his middle name?" Keli shrugged.

Klay thought hard and well about naming the baby.

Braedon

Kai

Aiden

Kalin

Keli and Klay sat at the island almost falling asleep on each other.

"Babe. It's 11, you should get some rest before Practice," Keli massaged the back of Klay's neck.

Klay carried her upstairs, bridal style. They went to sleep with no interruptions.

----

Days went by quickly before it was time for the baby shower and the delivery. Keli was due on May 10th, they already did a pregnant photoshoot....

KLAYS POV

So after the delivery and after me and Keli get settled with the baby, I think I should propose.

"Steph, what do you think about me and Keli?"

"You guys are perfect, in my opinion. Why?" Steph replied.

"After the the delivery, I think I want to seal it with Kell."

"That's great man! You want to do something really special huh?"

"Yeah. What do you think?" Klay took his shirt off before leaving practice.

"I'll think of things. I'll get the guys to help!" Steph said loud and they all turned in and joined the conversation.

I'm excited for everything that's coming my way. I just think it's so surreal that Keli, my best friend, is the one experiencing it with me.

KELIS POV

Whelp, Klay is at practice, Alesha is at work and I have no one to hangout with....

*phone vibrates*

A bunch of pictures were popping up on the screen from Alesha. Since she was a publisher for some random ass magazine, she got a lot of media stuff.

The pictures were of Klay and a brunette girl who looked like his ex chick.

I knew I was strong and I knew I couldn't jump to conclusions but when Alesha sent me what she got from an unknown source........ I didn't know what to do.

Me: wtf. He just got off practice.

Alesha: I know. He was seen with her outside the gym

Me: are you fucking kidding me. I'm due in some weeks and if Klay is --

Alesha: calm down. It's-

Me: DID YOU JUST TELL A PREGNANT LADY TO CALM DOWN

Alesha: don't do it. Don't go back to what you did in high school.

Me: well you know what....

Alesha's POV

Through my email I got a lot of pictures of Klay and his ex outside of practice. The person who sent it had a spam name therefore I did not know who it was. Of course I needed to tell my sister, SHES MY SISTER!

If Klay was hurting her behind her back WHILE SHE PREGNANT, I'll break his image while he tries to be some wannabe classy NBA star.

But the last thing I want Kell to do is self-harm. She's been good for over 5 years but things like this break her in every way.

In high school, Connor, he was some asshole jock who claimed to receive nude pictures of Keli. Keli never even associated with him but the fact she was best friends with his teammate AKA Klay, he didn't like Klay. Klay was good at basketball and stole Connors spot, as a freshman.
Anyways, after the whole school trashed her locker, basically humiliated her during school, Keli didn't know why she should live so she almost OD'd on ibuprofen but sander caught her. After that, she cut her wrists and legs.

She went to therapy and transferred schools. And for Connor, his parents sent him off to an all boys boarding-school, which didn't offer sports. Then Klay transferred schools to the same one Keli was at one, because basketball but also because of Keli.

Anyways; I did not want to see the same girl I saw in high school. I loved Keli when she was happy.
-----
Me: don't do it Keli.

I was caught up and I couldn't take it, I ran out the office and my boss ran after me. He excused me from work, which was very nice.

I drove to Klay's house, finding his car not to be found.

I called Klay's phone "YO KLAY WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"I'm on my way home...." He sighed.

"UMM KLAY YOU NEED TO GET HERE QUICK!"

"Why?! What's wrong?!"

"Well someone caught you and your ex bitch after practice. Y'all looked like you guys were kissing and well I sent it to my sister. Please tell me you're not...." I explained.

"HELL NO. Fuck that, this bitch was all on me. I was going to wait until I got home to get a restraining order against her."

Klay pulled up finally.

"Well your gate was locked and k didn't answer her phone.." I told Klay.

"Alesha. She better not be!" Klay opened the gate and I followed him into the house driveway. We ran in and found Keli nowhere to be found.....

He knew about her self-harming. He knew she wasn't afraid to kill herself, he never wanted her to feel that way EVER..

-------
Klay was shocked that she wasn't home. He couldn't think, he couldn't do anything. He was caught up in where Keli was and he couldn't get her out of his head.

*************
Vote from these names: braeden, Kai, aiden and Kalin. COMMENT!!

Where do you think Keli is?!

I'll update in the next two days once this gets some votes and reads!

Continue to vote for the chapters you liked and comment!! Tell me what character you want have more scenes.

Well thank you for reading, I'll talk to you guys soon.