(3) The call

I'm sorry if I make grammatical errors.

----------

It's been days of texting and communicating privately with Klay. I really feel like that person I once was; happy and Alive.

Me: Gooodmorning!

Klay: good morning baby :)

Wow he never said that, okkkkaaay.

"Lesha! He called me baby.." We sat at the island.

"You're talking to a freaking NBA star yaknow. Don't fuck it up," was all she said then walked to make her smoothie.

She was right I can't let him screw it up for his team.

*Klay calls*

Me: hey kiddo!
Klay: hey
Me: what's up
Klay: nothing, practice was cancelled and I just went to shoot at Iggy's house.
Me: that's nice. So what're you up to today
Klay: i was going to ask you the same thing
Me: well I'm probably not going to do anything except run some unneeded errands
Klay: like shopping huh
Me: you already know!!
Klay: I'll be at your house in 30.
Me: okay I'll be here waiting
Klay: alright, see you in a bit babe
Me: alright see ya.

I hung up the phone.

"He's coming here," was all I said as I put my head on the counter and looked at Alesha.

"Okay. I'll be out with Liam soon."

KLAYS POV

I babe'd her. I don't even know, we're best friends right.

*rings keli's door*
KELIS POV

"COMING!" I got up from my couch to answer.

"Hey cutie!" Klay opened his arms as I jumped into them. He closed the door behind him and sat down on the couch.

"What do you want to do?" I asked as I took a bowl of grapes to sit with us.

"Let's just chill. I haven't took a day off I'm forever, let's talk." Klay wrapped his arm around me.

"What about...? How's your family?"

"They're okay. Oh, they're coming to watch the game on Tuesday!" Klay said.

"Ohh I haven't seen your brothers or your parents since high school graduation!"

"That long?! Wow. I thought yall would have bumped into each other by now." Klay laughed.

"Ha. Yeah! Soooo Klay... I heard about you and that one girl, I forgot her name," I Nudged him.

"She wasn't that special mannn. I couldn't stay with her too long, she's kind of crazy and she wasn't you."

"Stoppppp it," I whined.

"Well I don't like talking about other girls kell." Klay tightened his grip on me, "I just want to talk about you."

KLAYS POV

I really just want to ask her to be my girlfriend. You know it's like that one feeling you get whenever you think and see that one person.

"I love you Klay." She grabbed my hand.

"Love you too baby girl," I kissed her forehead and ran my fingers through her hair.

"What is this?" She said softly.

"What's what?"

"This? Like are we...." She stopped and led me on.

"I mean...." I smirked and she didn't bother to look up at me.

"Are you my boyfriend?" She asked.