(4) Back home

Practice was over and all I could think about was Keli.

I called her once until I noticed I had a message

"Hey babe! I'm sorry I can't go to your place tonight. Sander just called and told me my papa was in the hospital because of a heart attack. He may not be able to make it, so i'm flying out tonight. I'm probably going to be on a plane when you get this but please don't be worried, I'll call you when I land. Love you <3"

I was worried because her dad was a second dad to me when we were younger and I hope he is okay.

"Klay!" Steph called out from his car.

"Yeah man," I rolled down the window.

"You goin Iggy's?"

"Oh that's right! Yeah I'm gonna get ready and go to his right after."

"Can't miss his day. And you got some explaining to do!"

Steph drove away and I did the same. I was worrying so much about Keli and her dad, I almost ran two reds and missed a stop sign. Luckily I didn't get pulled over.

I got in the shower and scrubbed down my body.

Right when I got out my phone started ringing.

"Helllo," I said.

Keli: hey baby. Did you get my message.

Me: oh yeah. How was your flight.

Keli: tiring. Sorry I couldn't be there to tell you in person.

Me: it's okay. Things happen. Are you with you dad yet?

Keli: not yet sander is picking us up right now.

Me: oh ok. Well I literally just got out the shower and I'm changing

Keli: ohh okay. Well I'll text you when I see my dad.

Me: ok babe. I'll see you later. Love you.

Keli: love you too

I put my white button up and folded the sleeves up, dark jeans and vans with my city hat. (http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=15688298&.svc=copypaste&id=164942617
)

Tonight was the night Iggy was asking his girlfriend to marry him.
They've been on a 6 year dating streak, thats pretty long. I'm happy for him and I can't wait until I have my own wife and family.

KELIS POV

My dad was in bed with tubes around him, Not a lot but some. I went up to him to talk, he was able to say things back which was good.

"Hi daddy."

"Keli, aren't you suppose to be in California?" He replied

"Yes but Sander called me and told me you were here so I just wanted to make sure you are alright." I placed my hand by his heart.

"I will be okay sweetie. The lord told me," he put his hand on top of mine smiled.

"Dad please be safe. I'm going to leave tomorrow night, please promise you'll be okay!"

"I will be fine," he hummed. "How is the Bay Area treating you?"

"It's good. You remember Klay? Klay Thompson?" I asked him.

"Oh boy, I haven't seen him or his family in years. Yeah, how is he? I heard he's on our team!" My dad sparked the conversation.

"Yeah! He's well. I haven't seen his dad or mom yet, I'm planning to on Tuesday though."