(2) Date night

We got in the car and I held the flag close to me and fangirled with Alesha for a good five minutes.

"You remember Klay right?" I asked Alesha.

"Yeah. That's Klay who plays basketball...." Alesha started the engine.

"NO THATS KLAY FROM THE OLD HOUSE."

"NO WAY!"

"You didn't remember omg." I face palmed.

"Well shit. I didn't put it together." Alesha laughed at herself. "Wow. After all these years..... I didn't even know!"

Alesha drove down a couple of streets back to the house when I noticed the buddy picture. Klay wrote something in the back.

"UHHH ALESHA!!" I screamed. She stomped on the breaks and looked over at me.

"WHAT! You don't fuckin yell when I drive!" Alesha yelled back at me.

"WELL SORRY FUCKING KLAY THOMPSON ASKED ME ON A DATE, actually he commanded me on a date!"

"What YOURE SHITTING ME!"

"No I'm not fucking shitting you. Look at this!" I handed over the little note that Klay wrote.

"We're going shopping right now, it's 2 and Klay said 7 and it takes you 2 hours to shop 2 to get ready and 1 to rehearse the night!"Alesha solved a math problem.

"Hey. You could do math." I laughed and she turned the car around to the outlets and we went shopping.

I spotted a casual but cute white&blue romper. ( http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=15688298&.svc=copypaste&id=164914168
)

--

I got ready and cleaned up for the night. Alesha was being irritating but a good sister by helping me. It's not like I just met Klay but it somewhat is.

--

KLAYS POV

"Yo steph, you remember that girl from earlier?" I walked out with him.

"Uhh bro. There was tons of them today!" He laughed.

"Nah man. That girl with the picture of me, Keli?" I tried to make him remember.

"Yeah sure." He played along

"Broooo she was the girl I always talk about. You know, the dream girl!"

"Oh shit. That's the girl! KELI SANTOS!" Steph stopped and realized. "What's up?"

"I gave my number and basically asked her out."

"Well you gotta get home and get ready boooyy!" Steph looked at his watch and read 5:38. "Aye tell me how it goes tonight!"

I rolled down my car window and saluted to steph then drove off.

I can't believe this.

----- I waited outside of the restaurant ten minutes before 7.

Text from a random number: Hey Klay! Im gnna be a little late because Alesha isn't back from the store yet.

With no hesitation I replied: I'll pick you up! Don't worry bout it, be there in a few. What's your addy ;)

Keli: 563 furlow ave

I got in my BMW and raced to keli's house.

*beeps horn*

KELIS POV

SHIT HES HERE. I'm excited and nervous.

I ran out and locked the door. Klay was leaning against the passenger door waiting for me to come out.

"Hey Keli. You look amazing!" He smiled and opened the door for me.

"Not bad yourself Thompson," I smirked and got in his car. He jogged to the drivers side and got in. "Wow things change in 7 years."

"How so?" Klay put his arm on the rest while he drove.

"I mean you are you, All grown and playing for the Warriors being successful. I knew you'd make it far! But I didn't know we would meet up again like this.." I explained.

"Ha. I told you I'd be in the NBA playing for your team!" He joked.

"Oh shut up..." Playfully hitting Klay.

"So what have you been up to all these years?" Klay asked.

"I mean I'm getting into the medical fields soon. Just like how I told you before."

"That's good. So what's new?" He asked again.

"What's new... I don't know. Everything is just falling in place right now. I'm taking life day by day whatever comes, comes." I continued, "nothing that major or serious. What about you mr. Splash?"

"Well you already know, half my personal like is published to the public. I'm fine, just doing what I do."

"That's good." I smiled.

Klay was holding something in and I could tell this was about to be interesting. He had the same look in his eye when he told me what college he was going to. I was getting really nervous.

"Honestly Keli, I don't want to put all on you tonight but since we're on a serious note......" Klay stopped the car. "I'm crazy in love with you."

I sat there wowed. Klay always had that affect on me.

"I have been, for the whole time I've been on this earth. I tell Curry about this great amazing dream girl and how she was in my life then disappeared." Klay licked his lips and kept talking, "I knew we were going to meet up somehow, somewhere.. Me being part of the Warriors and you being such a big fan.. I had the feeling."

"Klayyy.." I whined and he cut me off.

"I know this weird and unexpected but I haven't met a girl as great as you, ever since high school." Klay kept going, "I'd try to figure out why, it's because we've been around each other for so long knowing the ins and outs of each other. I just couldn't find a girl who knew about me as much as you."

"Klay.." I put my hand on his muscular forearm,"I know how much basketball means to you and I know If we ever get together, I'd be the one stopping you from doing everything I know you're capable of doing."

"I knew you would say something like that." Klay smiled, "but could you please stay in my life from now on, I don't need you leaving me again."

"I never left and you never left. We have been there for each other maybe not physically but mentally." I spoke more, "you'll always be my Klay and I'll always be your Keli. No matter who steps in your life and no matter who steps in my life. I'll always have a place for you."

Klay kind of teared then wiped quickly. It turned into some romantic shit really quick and I don't even know how. I held his hand and set my head on his shoulder.

"I forgot how soft you were," I giggled and we just sat parked in front of a park, forgetting about life. We were on a natural high and it felt good to be back with the boy I was in love with.

He was my best friend and it just felt like we never even had that 7 year gap. I didn't know how to respond or even feel about this guy.

((What Klay was wearing http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=15688298&.svc=copypaste&id=164914900

))

-----
Authors note:
I'm really just basing this off me Andy best friend kind of. If you have any ideas then send it in the inbox!

Thank you for reading! Please vote and continue to read.