CHAPTER 3

ROWAN|Sweet as Cinnamon

"Watch out!" Frankie shouts as I slam my foot at the break while keeping my hands steady on the wheel. My heart pounded as the car jolts into stop right into the sharp curve of the road. Damn, I was so out of it that I lose track of the surroundings. I blink rapidly in hope this would wake me up.

"Sinabi ko nang huminto muna tayo sa may hotel para makapagpahinga ka kaso ang kulit mo." Nagpipigil sa inis na sambit ni Frankie saka bumaba ng sasakyan. Napabuntong hininga naman ako bumaba narin para makita kung may sira ito.

I gulp when I saw the car is inches before the cliff. If Frankie hadn't shout we might got caught into an accident. My eyes trail on the bumper looking unscathed.

At least we're fine. For now.

I ran my hand on my hair as the frustration increasingly creeps on my system. I'm fucking tired. So tired that if I ever dare my eyes close I instantly saw the dead man's face. It's making me restless. It also doesn't help when this woman starts talking to me like she's friends with me or something.

Isa pa, kapansin-pansin rin ang pagka-madaldal ni Frankie. Tila ba magaan ang loob nito sakin at kung anu ano na ang naku-kwento niya sakin. Mula sa mga usong pananamit, pagkain, latest trend sa social media, hanggang sa pagkahumaling niya sa alagang pusa niyang si Curry. Namamangha nalang ako sa sarili ko't nagawa ko pang maalala ang mga pinagku-kwento niya.

I'll admit it. She's fun to be with. And... The way her velvety voice reaches my ears, it instantly calms me down. Kind of exaggerated but the way she talks, it simply give solace like I'm lying on a bed of clouds. She almost makes me forgot why I'm with her in the first place.

I'm a fugitive on a run, who stole her car, and ended up as a kidnapper.

My eyes snap back at Frankie when I hear an annoyed grunt.

"What's got into you, Rowan? Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Frankie asks with concern etch on her face.

"No. No, I'm fine. And not the hospital please. I – ah... I feel fine... It's just – I only... I'm sorry." I rambled as I try to avoid her scrutinizing gaze. I hope she won't saw through my lie.

My eyes widen when she suddenly closes our gap and lay her soft cold hand on my forehead. She gave me a stern look before putting her hand on my neck. Suddenly I feel electrified from her touch. I don't know why but just by the mere contact makes me feel hot. My mouth gapes as I watch her angelic face close to mine.

Now that the sky is clear and bright I can finally see her face. She got these captivating doe eyes which makes her look like a doll even if she squints at me right now looking unimpressed. She scrunched her nose as her pink round lips pressed into thin line. I started to feel awkward so I tore my gaze on her obviously stunning face and let myself get distracted on her long wavy blonde hair which moves along her petite body. I notice our height difference almost immediately. I think she's five foot four – a foot shorter than mine.

Fuck, I kinda feel insecure for no reason.

She looks ethereal. Too captivating. Almost out of ordinary. She does seem from a very well off family. I can tell by just looking on her porcelain skin and how she carries herself with confidence. Although, she can be a bit of eccentric that totally opposes my thoughts of her being an aristocrat.