S1 E2: Red gets a delivery

Grif, Simmons and Erica approach Sarge, a soldier in standard red armor

Sarge: "Hurry up, ladies. This ain't no ice cream social."

Erica slightly perks up

Erica: "Ooh, ice cream?"

Simmons: "Ice cream social?"

Simmons and Grif exchange looks.

Sarge: "Stop the pillow talk, you two. Anyone want to guess why I gathered you here today?"

Grif: "Uh, is it because the war's over and you're sending us home?"

Sarge: "That's exactly it, Private. War's over. We won. Turns out you're the big hero and we're gonna hold a parade in your honor. I get to drive the float, and Simmons here IS IN CHARGE OF CONFETTI!"

Erica: "At least I don't have to do anything."

Grif: "I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir."

Sarge: Goddamn it, Private! Shut your mouth or else I'll have Chambers slit your throat while you're asleep!

Erica: "And you know I would." She says, looking at Grif.

Sarge: I know you would, Chambers. That's why you're my best soldier here."

Erica: "Hah!" She explains as she turns to Simmons, who grumbles angrily.

Sarge: "Couple of things today, ladies. Command has seen fit to increase our ranks here at Blood Gulch Outpost Number One."

Grif: "Crap. We're getting a rookie."

Sarge: "That's right, dead man. Our new recruit will be here within the week, but today we received the first part of our shipment from Command."

Grif and Simmons exchange looks again as Sarge turns towards a hill behind them.

Sarge: "Lopez, bring up the vehicle."

A large, armor-plated, jeep-like vehicle comes over the hill with a soldier in brown armor, Lopez, in the driver seat.