Prologue (Amazon)

Start from the beginning

"Alfred, it's good to see you again." Diana Prince hummed as she hugged the smaller man, who returned the gesture with an added pat on the back. She pulled away and smiled at the man like he was an old friend. "I'm sorry for coming so late, I was still on that mission Bruce sent me on before word got out."

"Hmm.....worry not Ms. Prince, no one things little of you." Alfred gave a warm smile before looking up at the manner with a tired expression. Diana watched Alfred as he moved, seemingly stuck on the destroyed manor. "To be frank Ms. Prince, this was an outcome I could've never seen coming. Though he would've been dismissive of it, master Bruce could have used your help that fateful night. I doubt anyone has seen the Batman pushed to his limits like that before."

"......Alfred I—?"

"Bah, look at me. Talking your ear off in the cold, how silly of me." Alfred chuckled to himself as he turned around and walked past Diana, the Amazon following behind him as he walked into the greenhouse. Inside was a makeshift table with two cups of coffee. The old butler pulled out a chair for Diana, letting her sit before he took his seat across from her. Diana took a sip of the coffee and hummed in delight. "How did your mission go Ms. Prince? Did you find the......individuals you were looking for?"

"So far, yes. Hmm, this is good Alfred." Diana couldn't help but compliment as she finished taking a sip of the coffee, Alfred always made the best in Diana's opinion. "I found one in Detroit who calls himself Green Lantern. He has a unique ability to conjure constructs of whatever he imagines. He said he'd be willing to join the team. The second one I found was in Metropolis, a man who calls himself Superman. His strength and speed is impressive, he's able to fly at high speeds as well. He seemed very eager when he accepted to join the team. What about......."

"Hm? Oh, Master Bruce has found one as well before Scarecrow's attack." Alfred hummed as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a large phone, Bat-tech and a gift to the butler from Batman himself. Diana watched as Alfred typed away before a hologram appeared between them. A small man in red armor with a thunder bolt on his chest, and two yellow horns sticking back on each side of his helmet. "Young master Bruce heard rumors of a red blur around the city of Keystone and went to investigate one night after leaving master Drake to attend Gotham. The young man goes by The Flash, according to the information. But master Bruce soon learned it was a young man in his twenties named Barry Allen. Master Bruce told me young Allen was the fastest man he's ever seen."

"Interesting....." Diana hummed as she observed the hologram, still somewhat fascinated by the technology Bruce had invented and by the Flash's speed. Diana looked back up at Alfred before tilting her head. "I'll be honest Alfred.....when I suggested the mission to Bruce, I didn't think he'd try...."

"Hm, yes....I didn't think so either." Alfred chuckled as the hologram disappeared. He took another sip of tea before looking around frantically. "But he was always fond of you Ms Prince....even when you first arrived he was awed by you."

"Heh, don't remind me of that." Diana chuckled, remembering her first encounter with the Batman. It wasn't a very pleasant memory for the 1,500 year old woman. It was her first time of her island and the first place she landed was Gotham city. Diana chuckled again before rubbing her head. "I doubt he ever forgave me for throwing that car at him."

Alfred chuckled before they remained silent. Diana was about to get up and leave before she noticed something laying on the ground, just beneath Alfred, who seemed unaware of the thing he dropped. Being the kind woman she was, Diana leaned down and picked it up as she prepared to hand the letter back, her eyes caught the name on the letter.

"I didn't think anyone sent you letters Alfred." Diana joked, intrigued by the name on the envelope before she handed it to Alfred, who's eyes widened before he slowly grabbed the letter. "......a friend of yours?"

"Oh! Ah, yes Ms Prince." Alfred forced out with an awkward chuckle before hugging the letter close. Diana raised an eyebrow before looking up at the old man's eyes, which seemed unease. Alfred coughed before standing up suddenly, shaking the table and knocking his tea cup over, yet ignored the spilled liquid. "It's been a pleasure seeing you again Ms Prince. B-but it's getting late and......well, I'll let master Drake and Greyson know your here. They'd love to see you again, ask for stories of Bruce and all that...."

"A-Alfred...." Diana watched as Alfred suddenly turned around and began walking out of the ruined greenhouse. Now she knew something was off, Alfred never acted like this. She stood up and followed after him before grabbing his shoulder and turning him around, his face concerned and eyes wide. She loosened her grip on him. "Is someone threatening you Alfred? I've never seen you act this way......what's wrong? You can tell me Alfred...."

"I—you don't—I shouldn't....." Alfred pulled away from the woman, backing away slowly from her as he turned around to walk away before stopping himself. Diana watched as he shook his head and mouthed something to himself before baring his teeth in frustration. He then turned towards her and handed her the letter, leaving Diana confused. "Deliver this to the address on the envelope......I wish you the best of luck, Ms Prince.....just don't hurt him."

Diana watched as Alfred left, having never seen the kind gentleman act like that before. Was someone actually threatening him? If so Diana would personally see to the bastard who thinks he can harm Alfred. Maybe she'd round up Tim and Greyson, let them teach the bastard a lesson. Never the less Diana turned to leave as she stared at the address on the envelope.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

An abandoned warehouse near the docks, that is where the address had lead the superhero in disguise. The building had lost it's color, parts of the wall had come undone and hanged from whatever screws held them together. Snow had piled up on the roof as large icicles hanged from the gutter. The waves below splashed hard against the harbor as she put the letter away into her coat before walking up towards the door, spotting some graffiti left by some trespassers. These were amateurs if they picked such a shitty location. She walked up to the door and knocked on it three times, breaking some ice that froze over the door.

"OH THATS THE PIZZA! OR MY DILDO DELIVERY!"

Diana raised and eyebrow as she heard a woman's voice muffled behind the door, enhanced hearing was quite the blessing....sometimes. She readied herself when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching from the other side.

"YEAH YEAH, I'M PAYING IT WITH MY OWN MONEY!" The voice said, closer now. Diana watched as the knob began to slowly turn. "Don't worry about it~ I didn't steal it—AH!"

The woman was met with a punch to the face when the door opened. Diana didn't even care to identify the woman as she busted in, only seeing the perverted woman in red and black undies and a bra as she fell backwards, holding her nose and obscuring her face. Diana knelt down on the woman, fist raised as she raised her hand up and prepared to channel her inner Batman.

"Diana.....?"

She stopped an inch before her fist made contact with the woman, eyes widened as she looked up and saw a bearded man wearing a white shirt, loose pajama pants, and a small beard on his face.

"Bruce......?!"

End.

Shorter than the first but I need Diana present for the next part.

Hope you enjoyed.

Criticism is, as always, welcomed.

Have a good day/night!