Chapter 56

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
"White Out"

STORYBROOKE
PRESENT DAY

Agreeing to go to therapy was something Lily had already realised she regretted, and she hadn't even gone to her first session yet. It was just the thought of having to open up to somebody, having to talk about her deeply buried past, having to be vulnerable to somebody that she barely knew and didn't trust.

While the others had retreated to their rooms, or in Evander's case, ran out the front door, Lily had stayed up. Sitting out in the backyard as she often would. She had decided on her hobby to be sketching and painting. She was still learning how normal life worked in Storybrooke, and in general, so Henry went with her to the store to help her buy the things she needed.

She hadn't been able to show the boy how much his help meant to her, so a simple thank you was all she was able to give him. He tried to convince her to get a cell phone while they were out, but it was more for another time rather than a straight up no.

They hadn't spent much time together, but Henry had a rough idea on how troubled his step-mother was; and he was well aware about how much she meant to his mother. He wanted to try and keep her safe; and his way of doing that was by teaching her how to live normally...and also how to use a cell phone so she could call somebody when she needed them, instead of dealing with things alone.

For a moment, she paused and sat back a little bit to examine the sketch she was working on. She had set out to draw something happy, not that she knew what that was. But the longer she looked at it, the darker and more depressing it looked.

It showed a roughly sketched silhouette of a woman. She was shielding her head with her arms and looked like she was either screaming or sobbing. She looked so scared and so heartbroken. Perhaps Lily had drawn herself without realising it.

She didn't know what it meant...if it meant anything at all. It probably did and she was simply living in denial over it. She sighed heavily and closed her sketch book, just as a cold shiver ran down her spine.

The air had suddenly turned cold, but there was so sign as to why. Lily stood up and walked back inside the house. She went to turn the kitchen light on and nothing happened. She frowned and set her sketch book down on the kitchen counter, before walking into the living room. She attempted to turn the lights on in there, and still, nothing.

"What on earth?" Lily wandered through the house, attempting to turn any and all lights on but nothing was working. What the hell was going on?