𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒌𝒚"

-𝑳𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝑫𝒆𝒍 𝑹𝒆𝒚

_______________________________________

Lonely. That is how Ismene Charmion felt in her enormus room. The family's mansion was so big that sometimes the girl didn't even meet her family except at meal times when they'd gather at the dining table.

She would spend this time with her classmate Coriolanus Snow. However he was sent into District 8 to serve as a peacekeeper as a result of cheating in the games. Ismene was in utter shock when she heard the news. How could Coryo risk everything? Or could've he done it for Lucy Gray?
No, that can't be right. He said that he only needed the prize and didn't have feelings for his tribute.

District 8....Textile. She wondered what what is like in the districts for a peacekeeper. Did they live like the district people? She hoped Coriolanus had a decent place to sleep at.

She too had ambitions for the Plinth Prize but when she saw where Coriolanus lived she realised that he needed the money greatly.
That day lived so vividly in her memories like it happened yesterday...

The night was dark and Ismene and Coriolanus were walking home together. The street lamps shone with a yellow glow, illuminating the high building on the side of the road.

"I think it's unfair how they announced that we have to be mentors the day when we should have gotten the prize."
Ismene said, turning to her classmate.

"I think it was Dr. Gaul's idea. They didn't watch the games anymore and she needed to do something to boost the views." Coryo answered the girl. He was greatly dissapointed when he was assigned to that District 12 girl. How could she possibly win with that skinny body of hers?

"At least your tribute put on a show, that's for sure. Altough I'm afraid that the Capitol won't neccesarily like her rebellious behaviour. But to be fair, I'd also be a rebel if I lived in a district." She thought that the games where just pure cruelty. The people in the districts where miserable enough without having to fight until death in an arena.
She was smart enough to not voice her opinions about the games because that would certainly mark her as a rebel and would earn her a gun to her head.

"Oh, yes. The only way to win over the people watching is by singing something so beautiful that makes their eyes water. Your tribute...Treech from seven. He might be a good fighter." He only said that to make her feel better. He needed the prize so his family could survive and Ismene on the other hand had enough money and more than that.

"Well, I certainly hope that he has a talent." She thought loudly.

The pavement was still wet from yesterday's rain. In the dark it was hard to see the puddles of water and the two were lost in thought.

Ismene stepped in a bigger puddle, slipped and fell on her knees.
Coriolanus immediately offered his hand to help her up.

"Are you alright?" He asked her quickly while she put her hands in his and stood up.

Her face morphed in pain as she put weight on her legs.

"It hurts." She replied and let go of his hand but let out a groan because without his hand even more weight was on her leg. She quickly grabbed his shoulder afraid that she might fall again. "Sorry, I just...I don't think I can walk. It might be a sprain."