Pierre X Charles - I'd give up forever to touch you

(don't know if you saw Five Feet Apart, but this is based on that film, so... but I guess you can read it even if you did not see it)

Charles

You know that feeling of having someone so close, but not being able to touch them? If you don't, then I'm jealous. I knew that feeling way too well. I guess people just can't really understand the importance of the human touch until they can't have it.

Me and my best friend had met in the hospital. Yeah, how romantic you think, but it was probably the best thing that happened in my life. The only problem was that we were both sick with similar disease, when you couldn't touch anyone with the same illness because you could die. Pierre, my best friend had the B-type, to which noone knew the cure, he was on experimental treatment. But that meant that we couldn't touch eachother. Never. And we had to wear face masks all the time when we were close.

But you know what was the worst? We couldn't even get closer than 2 metres.
The doctors told us many times that we shouldn't talk, that we shouldn't be friends, but we never listened to them. When you're sick and can die any minute (you can even when you're not sick, but when you're, then it's more possible)
You just want to enjoy the life and take everything it gives you.

Life gave me Pierre, and I was more than happy. He was handsome, kind, funny and altogether amazing person. I knew that I fell in love the first time we met, but I shouldn't have. It was dangerous and I knew it. That's why I hadn't told him yet.

He didn't seem to notice my feelings and I wanted to keep it that way. We would never be able to be together even if I told him. For me it was the hardest thing. I could've dated anyone, anyone who's not suffering from this illness, but yet I fell in love with him.

I was mentally preparing for the surgery I was supposed to have the next day in the morning. Pierre called me and wished me good look while sending me virtual hug.

Pierre

When I got call from Charles, I was just sitting in my room drowning in thoughts. Our doctor, Sebastian told us that we shouldn't be together that much. But how was I supposed to obey that? I was in love with Charles, I couldn't even go one day without missing him terribly and now I was even scared that his surgery might go wrong, since it's never good to have any with this disease.

"Hey Pierre, I just got back from the surgery, can you call me when you get this message? I miss you already...your beautiful eyes and that fluffy hair I would love to touch and run my fingers through...and just you...can you call me? But don't call me, I'm tired, but call me though because I want to see you. Just, don't call me now so call when you get this."

Said Charles thought the voicemail. I almost laughed. He was obviously still under some pills so he was talking nonsense. I still wish the things he said were true. But my biggest wish would never come true. The doctor came to my room just to give me my pills and after that I just laid on my bed and started reading my favourite book.

Charles

When I woke up, my head felt heavy, but I felt a lot less pain then the day before. I decided to go outside and find Pierre. I knocked on his door.
"Pierre? You here?"
"Charles? Is that you? You should go back to you room."
"Why, what happened?"
"Charles, I can't open the door nor I can go out. We're sick and you just had surgery."

I heard the saddnes in his voice and my eyes started to tear up.
"Pierre, please, I don't care about what the doctors said, I want to be with you, it's my decision, they can't do anything about it, please Pierre...I love you." I almost whispered not even sure if he could hear me. Probably not.