Daniel X Max - Love is Nonsense

Daniel

I woke up to someone's knock on my door and I slowly got up and walked to the door. It was summer break, but I decided to spend the rest of the week in Monaco, so I assumed it was probably some other driver. I opened the door as I ran my other hand through my hair and blinked a few times to focus my eyes on the person behind my door. I kinda expected what I saw. Max was standing there with a destroyed look on his face. He had some hard times in the past few weeks because of his girlfriend, so I assumed that she broke up with him again. I let him in without a word and he went into the living room and sat on the couch.

"So what happened, Maxy? If you don't mind me asking." I said breaking the silence.
"She broke up with me again." He confirmed what I already thought and a few tears left his eyes. I was still half asleep, when I sat next to him and pulled him for a hug.
"I don't want to be with her, but I just can't resist her, every time she gets back to my house and wants to sleep with me, I let her in, she stays with me for a few days, we go on dates, and then she just breaks up with me again, I don't know what to do anymore." He cried as I held him.

"Hey, you can stay here for as long as you want and when you think you're prepared to resist her or talk to her about it, I can help you, kay?" I held him until he stopped crying and then I went to the kitchen for some water.
"She must be really good in bed then..." I said and then I heard a small chuckle from my friend.
"Finally, it started to feel too serious in there." He said and then got up and followed me to the kitchen.
"So, what you wanna do today? Since it's already 12 then we should think fast."
"I don't know. I don't want to do anything. I'm tired and I still feel bad for what happened. I need to let her go, but it's hard."

"We can just chill." I offered.
"Like Netflix and chill?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows.
"I meant normal chill but if you want this..." We both laughed and I handed him the water.
We were just standing there in silence and drinking our water.
"You know, I think Love is such a nonsense." He said out of nowhere.
"What?" I asked confused.

"It's just...when you're in love, you can't do anything with it and it's just so random, you know? I think it's such a nonsense, but I mean it in a good way, because it's also beautiful nonsense." He explained and I was looking at him with wide eyes.
"Oh, so Max decided to grow up? Or where exactly did this come from?"
"No I mean...I was thinking, I don't think I love her you know? She's just beautiful and...yeah, I think I was in love with her but I'm not anymore."

"Since when?"
"Probably since the first break up."
"And still can't resist her?"
"Yeah. Don't know why."

We spent the whole day watching TV, playing games and talking about random stuff.

Max spent whole week at mine and then he decided to finally tell his ex girlfriend that he's done with her forever.
I didn't come with him, he said it's his battle to win and I agreed with that. What I didn't expect was him showing up again behind my door a few hours later.

"What happened Max?" I asked because I saw his head was bent down.
"Yeah, well, it didn't go that well..."
"Why...what....how... you know what just come inside." He sat on my couch once again and sighed heavily.
"So?"
"So what?"
"Did she kicked you out of your own house or just kicked you?" I asked still confused.

"No. I couldn't tell her."
"What? That you're over? Are you telling me that you did that again?"
"Yes." He simply said.
"Now I understand that love is nonsense, man, you have to get rid of her if you don't want to spend the rest of your life like that, even if she's good in bed."
"I know. It's harder than I thought."

When he sighed again I got an idea.

"You know what? I will find the perfect girl for you." I said proudly and Max chuckled at me. That sentence started my long journey of searching for any girl that would be suitable for my best friend. It was harder than I thought to be honest

Max

I knew I should've told him before he started this "searching for girl" but I just wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Probably not. Daniel is into girls and I am probably too, so what went wrong? I'm not like gay, I don't like guys, I just like him. I don't even know when did this happen, probably a long time ago so I don't remember.

He introduced me to a lot of girls, but I just wasn't able to get closer to any of them. I just didn't like the fact that they're not him. I couldn't get him out of my head even when my ex came to my house again. She knew that I didn't like her. I told her a long time ago. Yes, I lied to Daniel, but I was just scared so don't judge me.

I know my father mustn't know about this. It will end probably really badly, that's why I'm scared. What if he somehow finds out that I like Daniel? He could kill one of us...

Anyways, I should tell Daniel to stop introducing me to another girls. We were walking to another bar, where we were supposed to meet the other girls.
"Hey Dan, can we like, not go there?" I asked pleadingly.
"Why? You don't want to meet hot girls?"
"No, I think I already met enough of them. I don't think I will date any of them though."

"Then let me ask you something. Do you want to date anyone?" It was probably meant as normal question but it made me feel strange. It was a good feeling, but I wasn't used to it.
"Yes, but none of those girls." I said hesitantly.
"Well you want to meet some guys then?" I wondered how he got that idea.

"No, no, I just, I don't want to meet anybody."
"So you want to go home?"
"Yes. Thanks though." I should tell him. I know I should. But I couldn't.

We didn't meet for another week. I spent the whole time in my house or at the gym. It already felt like eternity since I saw Daniel's beautiful face. Just don't tell anyone I ever said that. I knew I shouldn't talk to him, I should distance myself, because I don't want to fall for him even more. It will be disaster.

My thoughts were interrupted by loud knocks on the door.
When I opened I was met with familiar dark curls and Daniel's smile. Why is he doing that to me?
I let him in without a word.
Of course he noticed.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Why were you ignoring me?" He asked sadly.
"I wasn't." I was
"Then why you didn't pick up my calls and answered my messages? I wanted to let you know that I found a perfect person for you."
"Daniel, you don't get it, I don't want to date anyone you introduce me to, because I can't date anyone I don't love and there's only one person I love and that's you."

When I realised what I said, it was already too late to take it back. Daniel was looking at me with blank expression and I wanted to run away.
"Why couldn't you let me finish? Well as I was saying, I found a perfect person, and who's more perfect then I am?" He said standing up with the smile.

My eyes widened as he stood closer.
"So, would you go on date with me? Just somewhere private so your father wouldn't find out."
"How did you know?"
"I asked a few people...so?"
I smiled at him and nodded. I knew I should tell him sooner, but it was still worth the wait.