~ ~ ~

"You need to get up,"He whispered, kissing my forehead. I opened my eyes to see him gazing at me like he always did.

"Just a little longer?"I begged.

"You ask me that every morning,"He sighed, brushing my hair from my eyes.

"You give in every morning,"I pointed out.

"Not this time. We have to-"
"Please? Just stay a little bit longer?"

"Y/N-"
"It's cold."

"It is the exact opposite."

"And you get to hold me,"I reminded him. He looked in heavy debate before wrapping his arms around my stomach.

"You shouldn't have said forever if you wanted to get up early,"I sighed, smiling as he pressed a kiss to my shoulder.

"Forever is the only right decision with you."

° ° °

"Hey. You okay?"He whispered, sitting by me. I nodded, too drained to do anything more. I was anything but okay, but I didn't want to worry him.

As we sat there in silence he suddenly pulled me in for a hug. I froze in shock before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What's this for?"I asked, not letting go.

"You're not okay. I can see it, and you don't have to tell me why, but I'm here if you do. I'm here for whatever you need,"He promised.

His words and embrace pushed me over the edge as I cried in his shoulder. He didn't speak, didn't tell me to shush, didn't pull away as he comforted me.

And all that took was him existing.

~ ~ ~

I groaned as sweat dripped down my head as I was on my way to lunch. I was more than ready for a break and of course, some of Frypan's famous stew.

As I turned a corner someone suddenly pulled me around a different one where nobody came.

"Aris, if you don't let me go-"
"How'd you know it was me?"He asked.

"You do this everyday."

"Then, you should be used to it by now. "

"Aris, I'm gross and sweaty and hot-"
"I agree with this last one,"He shrugged, wearing a cheeky grin.

"I'm married to a moron,"I mumbled.

"You shouldn't have said yes if you didn't want me to annoy you forever."

"Forever is the only right decision with you."

° ° °

I was away from everyone, winding down and enjoying my time alone. As I was finally at peace someone walked towards my tent. Just as I was about to snap at them to go away I saw that it was Aris. My gaze and heart instantly softened as he waved.

"Come sit,"I invited, patting the spot next to me. He joined me in me tent, looking over his shoulder before zipping it up.

"What? You plan on murdering me tonight?"I deadpanned. He was silent as he sat a little further than usual.

"What's wrong?"I asked, moving closer and putting my hand on his cheek.

"I'm in love with you,"He blurted out.

"Oh,"I mumbled as I took it in. "Oh,"I repeated, not knowing how to say anything else.

"I'm sorry. I'll go,"He uttered, standing up. Before he could I grabbed his hand.

"I just don't know what to say. You can dream about something all day, but you never expect it to happen. Nothing good ever happens around you so when you hear all you ever wanted to you're going to be caught off guard,"I rushed out, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles. He just stared at me.

"Like that. That's exactly how you react,"I whispered.

"I have always wanted you. From the first time we met,"He whispered, not letting go of my hand as he sat closer to me than ever.

"And I always needed you. Always,"I admitted, putting my head on his shoulder.

"Can we be together then? Be each others forever?"He asked.

"Yeah. We're forever now. Forever,"I promised, intertwining our fingers.

And I meant it too. Now that I finally had him I would never let him go.

° ° °

Forever used to feel like no time at all if it meant being with him. He was worth so much that even that wasn't enough.

I wouldn't get that. All because I thought I would be okay dying.

I'm not though. I never will be because I won't keep my promise.

Forever.

There is no forever.