But Everything I Said, Went Unheard

Mark hadn't said a word yet. Eventually his breathing and pulse slowed back to normal and he just... lay there. Ethan wasn't sure what to do... The first time Dark raped him he had done the same, just sobbing until he went numb and hollow. He wanted to help but he didn't want to make things worse.

He shifted in his restraints, glancing down to see his wrists and ankles rubbed raw from his struggles but he didn't want to make a fuss when he's dealt with worse before. He wasn't used to sitting down anymore, he lay down at least 90% of the time and it was uncomfortable on his abused ass.

When Ethan noticed silent tears streaming down Marks face again, he shivered. He wanted to talk to him, to tell him it would be okay, to hold him, or anything but he only wanted to do what Mark wanted.

"Is there anything I can do?" Ethan whispered, his voice cracking slightly. Mark didn't respond for a while, not even a twitch, just crying completely noiseless, not seeming to even notice. After a moment his hand moved and he used it to push himself up slowly, trying not to wince as every movement brought more pain. He brought his legs underneath him, gasping and continuing to stand on shaky legs.

He wouldn't make eye contact but he undid Ethan's restraints and then stood there for a minute looking lost. Ethan stood up slowly, careful not to make any fast movements and lay on his side on the bed, facing Mark still. Mark eventually joined him, facing him back but not looking up at him.

"How do I get you out of here?" Mark whispered. Finally looking up when Ethan didn't respond, searching his face.

Ethan bit his lip. "I don't think you can." He mumbled back. His world was crumbling. He wasn't doing the best before any of this, didn't exactly want to live anyways and he wished he'd gone through with it or succeeded any of those times he planned on ending his life.

He'd give anything to go back to before this and end it then. All he had in this room was a bed and a chair, some walls and a bathroom. He'd tried slamming his head back into the walls but Dark always stopped him before he got more than a concussion.

And now Mark was traumatized, all because he called him. And Dark was either gonna keep him here or send him back but no matter what - there wasn't an ending where Ethan got out. And while his own bed sounded nice and he missed Spencer so much that it broke his heart, he wasn't sure if he'd survive being out anyways. If he barely made it before this, how was he expected to make it after?

"Do you have Spencer?" Ethan asked, tilting his head to look at him better.

Mark gave him a sad smile, "He's at my house, Amy should be there with them."

Ethan nodded. "How is everyone else?" He asked shakily.

Mark shook his head. This isn't what he wanted to talk about but he wasn't gonna tell Ethan what to do. "Um. Well mostly they're worried. It's been almost two months and no ones heard a word. We, uh, we called the cops and they put out a missing person's but nothing came back.. They didnt seem to really care." Mark sighed, "Sean flew in about two weeks after you disappeared and he's been staying with us, trying to help us find you."

Ethan closed his eyes, trying not cry again. "That's- that's nice of you guys."

"Man, of course... I just um I wish I'd come over here sooner I just didn't think Dark had anything to do with it. If I knew he was gonna do something like this I would've killed him a long time ago." Mark confided.

Ethan took a deep breath, "Yeah I uh, I know what you mean. He- um I never told you this- but when he was at your house still or whenever he came over and I was there he would make comments or corner me but y'know, I just thought he was a regular douche."