Chapter 11: Older Bakugou Katsuki POV(Katsuma)

Himiko settled into the house easily. At least Katsuki wasn’t kicking up a fuss about it, that brat. After learning that Katsuma and Mikumo were engaged, he seemed to just resign himself to whatever was happening and started focusing on his training with Yagi instead.

Katsuma predicted that Katsuki just didn’t want to acknowledge that he was now the baby of the family. Nothing like gaining two new siblings to tire out a guy’s ego.

Katsuma was fucking loving it. He was the big brother! The onii-chan! Himiko calling him that for the first time, that same night they had brought her back to his family, had startled him. It was a title that Eri had taken to bestowing upon everyone in Class A, so it was strange to hear someone else call him that. It still came with that same sense of pride and love, though. It was nice.

Ugh. Gross. He couldn’t believe he was getting sentimental about Himiko of all people. At least she wasn’t a villain yet. These are feelings you’re supposed to have towards a little sister.

Mikumo plopped down next to him on the couch, holding a tablet.

“What do you think of this one?” he asked. Katsuma took the tablet from Mikumo and looked at what was pulled up onscreen. It was another apartment listing. He took a moment to read it over.

“Looks good to me. If you like it too, we should schedule a viewing,” Katsuma answered, passing the tablet back.

“Hmm. Okay,” Mikumo agreed. He leaned against Katsuma, resting his head on Katsuma’s shoulder. “That’ll be the third viewing we have scheduled, then.”

“Sounds good to me,” Katsuma murmured. They had had a late patrol last night. It was a lazy morning, even if it was nearly noon. Katsuma knew he was going to have to get up and eat and train some, soon, but he deserved to be lazy on the couch with his fiance.

“OI! KATSUMA! MIKUMO!” the hag shouted from her office. Katsuma grunted.

“What does she want?” Mikumo asked, softly. He had made himself comfortable on Katsuma’s shoulder and clearly did not want to get up.

Luckily, he didn’t have to, because Katsuma’s mom rushed into the room and crashed down on the couch across from them.

“Does what I have written down here match what you found at her house?” she asked, shoving a bundle of papers towards them.

Mikumo reluctantly sat up and took the papers from her, but he settled against Katsuma’s shoulder again too quickly for Katsuma to become upset about him leaving. He read the papers from over Mikumo’s head, instead.

“Are these the adoption papers? How did you get these filled out so quickly? It’s only been two days,” Mikumo asked.

“Eh, I just had to dig ‘em out from the filing cabinet in Masaru’s office,” she answered flippantly.

“Why the hell did you have adoption papers on standby like that?”

“These are adoption in absence of guardian papers! That’s so specific, why would you have those?” Mikumo asked, sounding a little distressed.

“Convenient for us,” Katsuma muttered.

“Oh! Well, we made sure to get those after your father disappeared, Mikumo!” the hag explained, brightly. “We were thinking about asking Inko to date us, so we wanted to be prepared! I don’t think Inko ever realized we were flirting with her, though, so it didn’t really work out.”

“... my mom?” Mikumo croaked, stiffening where he leaned against Katsuma. Katsuma’s mom looked back and forth between the two heroes’ shocked faces.