***

Worn out. That's how I felt. I know I passed out for at least a day according to Alpha Zaine. I've been in Emma's office since there was a bed in there and we were close by. I thought it was nice that Zaine was there for me. I thought maybe he actually did care about me even if he didn't show it well. However, that thought quickly diminished when I realised all he did was argue with Emma. All I wanted to do was stop it but I was frozen. Everything was still dark. My body refused to move no matter how hard I tried. The only thing that seemed to work was my ears. So, I had no option but to listen to them argue.

It was fucking annoying.

When Emma wasn't around, he'd talk to me. Most of what he talked about had to do with the Royal Pack's troubles. Honestly, he was a shit storyteller. But I did prefer his boring stories to the arguments he has with Emma. I've also learned quite a lot about how the King's pack works. It's actually interesting if it wasn't all I've heard from him. Like seriously, does he have no other interests?

Oh Goddess, what does he talk to his fiancee about? If it's like this, I have no idea why she chose to get engaged to him. Maybe I'm lucky he's rude to me.

Nope, I'm still jealous. Stupid emotions and shit. Match with my head for once.

"Why isn't she waking up?" He growled. Immediately, I knew Emma walked into the room. He asked the question every damn time she walks into the room, then starts an argument with her. I've had enough. His arguing doesn't get him anywhere. I willed my body to move and, much to my surprise, my fingers actually listened. Fucking finally.

Do I say fuck too much? I might, shit. At least, I taught Olivia when to properly curse.

I tried my arms, toes, legs, and finally my eyes. Opening my eyes led to immediate regret as the light in the room stung my eyes. Fuck. That shit hurt. My eyes feel like someone took The twat and Emma were still fighting so they didn't notice I got up. Their voices were giving me a headache. "Shut up," I croaked. That hurt so bad, but it was so worth it.

Emma rushed over to me with a glass of water in her hand which I gladly took. After chugging it, she got me another glass but I insisted I needed coffee instead. "For someone who took a long arse nap, I'm exhausted," I joked. My headache was nearly gone but now I was more aware of how light my head felt. A wave of dizziness hit me hard, causing me to nearly fall off the bed; however, my mate had quick reflexes and caught me.

Sparks sent through me causing a slight shiver. I scolded my body for reacting in such a way. "You need to be careful. You could end up passing out again," he scolded me. "I don't need you to distract me from my duties again." He definitely added the second part to make sure he didn't sound like he cared about me. But it had the opposite effect. He did care even if it was just a little. Technically, he had to because you can't hate someone without caring about them. Because if he didn't care, then he wouldn't feel anything towards me. My twisted logic works in my favour this time. Though I'm pretty sure my twisted logic is the reason I wanted him to like me in the first place. So I guess in this case it actually screwed me over.

"You didn't have to stay here. I didn't force you to come," I reminded him. I didn't expect him to listen to me, though when he did, I couldn't say I was shocked. My eyes were trained on him as he silently left the room. My heart silently called out for him but he wasn't worth it. One day I'd remind myself enough to actually feel it.

"Am I okay to leave, Doc?" I asked Emma as soon as my mate was out of the room. Was it unlikely she'd actually let me leave? Absolutely. Was I asking just to see if she'd roll her eyes at me and give me her classic "Are you fucking with my face"? Absolutely.