Chapter 26: Veiled Prophecies

Start from the beginning

Before Kirito could even utter a word, the sheer weight of the revelation proved too much for Alexia. Her eyes rolled back, and she fainted, collapsing dramatically onto the plush cobblestone street.

"Alexia!" Kirito shouted, his voice echoing through the luxurious surroundings, creating an almost comedic contrast to the situation.

Later on...
Alexia slowly opened her eyes, finding herself on an enormous, plush couch in what appeared to be a lavish living room. The surroundings were opulent, with intricate decorations adorning the walls. As she tried to make sense of her surroundings, one of the maids approached with a gentle smile.

"We're glad you're awake, Princess Alexia. Master Kirito was quite concerned when you fainted," the cat-like maid said, offering a small curtsy.

Alexia sat up, rubbing her temples, "Fainted? Oh, right. That wasn't a dream."

Kirito walked over, a concerned expression on his face. "Alexia, are you okay? You gave us quite a scare."

Alexia stared at Kirito, her eyes narrowing as she tried to process the situation. "Kirito, what even are you? Living in the Crystal Chalet, co-owner of the famous Snow Fox Corporation, and having maids address you as 'Master'? Is this some kind of elaborate joke?"

Kirito scratched his head, looking genuinely puzzled. "I assure you, Alexia, this is all real. I'm not sure why you're so surprised."

The two maids exchanged glances and bowed gracefully. "Princess Alexia, Master Kirito, we shall leave you in the capable hands of our supervisor. She will assist you further," the cat-like maid explained.

With another set of curtsies, they exited the room, leaving Alexia and Kirito alone. A few moments later, the door opened once again, revealing a new maid with sky-blue hair. She entered with a bright smile, her eyes lighting up as soon as she saw Kirito.

"Welcome back, Kirito-kun! It's a pleasure to see you again," she greeted with genuine enthusiasm

Rem curtsied gracefully as she addressed Alexia, "Greetings, Princess Alexia. I am Rem, the personal maid of Master Kirito. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Alexia, still trying to comprehend the unexpected turn of events, managed a polite nod. "Uh, hello, Rem. Nice to meet you. Could you perhaps shed some light on what's happening here?"

Rem's smile widened, "Of course, Princess Alexia. I'm here to assist Master Kirito in his daily tasks and ensure his comfort."

Alexia raised an eyebrow, turning her gaze to Kirito. "And you're okay with this? Having a personal maid and all?"

Kirito scratched his head modestly, "Well, Rem's been with me for a while, and she's just doing her job. But honestly, I can take care of myself."

Rem interjected with a warm smile, "Master Kirito is quite humble, Princess. I find joy in serving him and ensuring his well-being."