Chapter 26: Veiled Prophecies

Comenzar desde el principio

Kirito chuckled nervously, "Don't worry, Alexia. My place is pretty modest."

Alexia rolled her eyes, "Modest? Knowing someone as poor as you, I bet you live in a rundown shack."

As they approached Kirito's home, Alexia's scepticism grew. "This better not be some abandoned house with a leaky roof."

As Kirito and Alexia approached his home, two maids of the Beastkin race appeared out of nowhere, bowing gracefully before Kirito. "Welcome back, Master Kirito," they chimed in unison.

Alexia's eyes widened in disbelief. "What?" she exclaimed.

The first maid, with cat-like features, looked up at Kirito with adoration. "We are honoured by your presence, Master. These streets have been dull without you."

Alexia couldn't contain her shock. "What?!"

The second maid, with bunny ears and a fluffy tail, spoke with a refined tone, "Master Kirito, we have prepared the most luxurious room for your return. It boasts a king-sized bed adorned with silk sheets, a personal hot spring, and a view overlooking the city."

Alexia's eyes nearly popped out of her head. "What? Are you telling me Kirito lives in a five-star resort or something?"

Before Kirito could respond, the first maid continued, "Lady Yukime insisted on providing the finest accommodations for Master Kirito."

Kirito scratched the back of his head sheepishly, trying to play down the grandeur. "Uh, ladies, you really don't have to go all out for me. Something simpler would have been just fine."

The two maids exchanged glances, clearly taken aback by Kirito's modesty. "But Master Kirito," the bunny-eared maid began, "Lady Yukime insisted on ensuring your utmost comfort."

Before Kirito could reply, Alexia's gaze shifted from the maids to a magnificent building right in front of them. It was the Crystal Chalet, a symbol of luxury and opulence in the kingdom. Her eyes widened in disbelief, her jaw dropping to the ground.

She turned to Kirito, her face a mix of shock and incredulity

She turned to Kirito, her face a mix of shock and incredulity. "Kirito! Are you telling me you live in the Crystal Chalet? The most renowned and luxurious hotel in the entire kingdom?!"

Kirito shrugged, trying to maintain a straight face despite the comedic turn of events. "Well, I might have understated things a bit," he admitted with a sheepish grin.

Alexia shook her head in disbelief, pointing a finger at Kirito as she tried to find the words. "You... you sly fox! Here I was, thinking you were some average guy by the wallet. And all along, you've been living in the lap of luxury!"

Alexia, her eyes still widened in disbelief, stammered, "Kirito, are you even a secret noble or something now?"

Just as Kirito was about to defend himself, one of the maids interjected with a curtsy, "Master Kirito is not just anyone, Princess. He is, in fact, the co-owner of the renowned Snow Fox Corporation."