|14| Plan

Soon enough, Saturday came around. And I was preparing to have the house to myself after I eventually texted Xavier back last night and cancelled on him. He wasn't happy about it but I just wasn't in the mood, plus this morning my period decided to grace me so it's a good thing I cancelled. I've been dealing with cramps whilst stressing about what I'm gonna do with the files I stole, they've been sitting in my draws since yesterday. I don't even know if West gave back the keys, what if he told his dad what I was up to..... what if they checked the cameras. Fuck sake, why do I only regret my choices afterwards.

My thoughts are disrupted when I hear a knock on the front door, it was continuous so I did eventually have to get out of my bed and head all the way downstairs which was annoying. Whoever it is seems to have known the pin to get through the gate, all my questions were answered when I opened the door. I fold my arms, "Here to shout at me some more?"

"Well hello to you too"

I just look at him

Xavier sighs, "Come on Ree I hate when we argue"

Still I don't say anything, I know I was in the wrong but I'm upset and worried by what I've seen and I'm in so much pain as we speak. My boyfriend lifts up the paper bag in his hand as a peace offering.

I do love chipotle

I open the door a little wider and he walks in, "You gon stop me from hugging you or what?"

I shrug but Xavier lifts me up into one anyway, "Don't be petty"

I eventually hug him bag, burying my face into his neck as I try not to cry. Very off topic but I love how he smells, I could tell he was wearing the Givenchy cologne that I bought him for his birthday last year.

"You on your period?", He asks softly

I nod into his neck and he kisses my head, "Let's eat. You'll feel better"

I hold his hand as we go upstairs to my room, I'm actually happy that he didn't listen to me and came over anyway. I could use the company.

"I hate when you're mad at me", I murmur as we cuddle on my bed

He strokes my skin, "I just don't want you doing things that could put you in danger. Not even if it's for me"

I lift up my head, "Would you do anything for me?"

"Ree-

"Answer the question"

Xavier sighs, "Yes"

"Even if it meant getting into trouble?"

"Yes"

"So why are you so surprised that I'd do the same for you?"

"Ok you got me there, but I still don't want you involved in this"

"I want you alive-

"And I want you alive. You think Treyvon would even hesitate to shoot a gun? Look baby I know that this worries you but I'm telling you it'll all be fine ok? And one of the reasons I love being with you is because you take my mind off all that shit so can we not talk about it"

"That was cute"

"Amariah"

"Alright fine I'll drop it" I give in before picking up the bag of food

"I do have a question though"

"What is it", I give him his order before taking mine out the bag

"How'd you find the house?"

"Pfft, what like he's subtle? I saw him stroll right out of there when my dad was driving us home"

"Ok well how'd you know what he looks like", My boyfriend says suspiciously