|13| Unlawful

"So this is it"

"This is it"

Me and my sister just stare out of the window from the other side of the street of course because why would I be stupid enough to park right in front of the house. If Xavier even knew what I was doing right now he'd kill me, well not literally but he'll definitely be mad.

"Second thoughts?", My sister asks me

"A little"

Trinity starts to unbuckle her seatbelt, "I can do it-

I scoff at the fact that she even thinks I'd let her, "Don't you dare, I'm going"

I just have to be as quiet as possible, and besides I doubt that Treyvon's even home right now. "Why would he live here of all places when it's local"

"No one suspects you when you're local. He's hiding in plain sight"

"I'm confused, is he wanted?"

"Well thats what I'm trying to find out, I just need his last name" I say as I undo my seatbelt

Trinity frowns, "Wait so thats why you're checking his mailbox? Mari what if he's home and then hurts you, or even worse finds out your Xavier's girlfriend... he could have a gun"

"Welp, you've got daddy on speed dial so we're good"

Now she looks uneasy, "I don't like this idea anymore"

"I'll be fine", I say whilst getting out

"The things you do for love are insane"

"Two minutes, tops"

I leave her with my car keys before huffing and walking across the street, I don't know what I'm doing and you know what my mom sometimes tells me that I don't think before acting. Now I realise that she's not wrong.

I couldn't see any lights on as I drew closer to Treyvon's house, but I also noticed that this property was not cared for at all. It was very unkept and the steps on the porch were broken, one of the windows was also shattered and I was kind of getting creeped out. A feeling of nausea rushes through me as I keep walking, fuck what if this is like his trap house.

"I'm gonna be sick", I mutter as I look around

The mailbox was on its last life which wasn't even surprising to me, I saw bits and pieces of junk mail so I had to sort through a lot of mail, between pizza ads and cab business cards it was a lot. But then when I finally spotted an envelope beneath it all I felt relieved, I tuck a hair behind my ear as I read the name.

Marquis Washington

I frown with confusion, "What the hell"

I search for another envelope but it's also addressed to the same person, now I'm really confused.

Whose house is this

I saw a light flick on from within the house so in other words it's my time to go, and whether this is Treyvon's house or not it seems this person has a connection to him. And it's not like they care about their mail anyway so I just took the one unopened envelope and went right back to the car.

"Why'd you take so long", Trinity says as I start the car

"Lot of junk mail. Also turns out that this isn't Treyvons house" I drive us round the block just to be safe because I don't know what happened after the light in the house turned on. I still can't believe I just did that

"Wait what?"

I sigh as I tear open the envelope

"Yeah it belongs to someone called Marquis Washington"