Let's do this one more time !

Start from the beginning

Betty took off the hand of Bertha.

« I won't pretend to be someone else ! I'm not Buttercup, you're not Blossom and she's not Bubbles. »

Bertha approached Betty, trying to take the advantage of the conversation.

« We're not sure of anything, we must be in danger or something. Even in a purgatory. We have to stick together and pretend to be them until we find a way to get back home. »

Betty didn't back down, not intimated at all.

« Don't give me any orders... I don't know who do you think you are, but... »

« Stop ! » said Beatrice. « We are not going to argue. Bertha's right, we have to find out why are we here and alive.... And like she said, we have to pretend to be the Powerpuff Girls. » her tone was clear, there will be no further discussion.
Bertha sighed, she knows this is the best they can do for now.

« How do you know my name ? » asked Bertha, surprised that Beatrice knew her real name.

« Oh, everyone knows you. You're one of the smartest people in school and you're really pretty. It's hard not to notice you. »
She gave her a reassuring smile. Bertha blushed slightly.

« Oh... thank you. I know you too, you're Beatrice, the daughter of the top model Kyoko and a businessman Frederic, right ? »

Beatrice's smile froze. She didn't like to talk about her parents.

« We... really have to do this ? Presentations and all ? » Betty was annoyed. She crossed her arms and looked at the two others girls who had become her... sisters !?

« I'm Betty by the way... »

« I know you too.  » said Beatrice to break the ice.

« You're one of the best athletes in the school. Better than all the boys. I heard about a sport scholarship for you and... »

« Being strong has nothing to do with being a man or a woman. But thanks, I guess... »

A new moment of silence....

« We should get back downstairs, the Professor must be wondering what we are doing here. But since now we are Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. Got it ? »

Beatrice-Bubbles nodded while Betty-Buttercup rolled her eyes and walked off of the room. The girls followed her ready to face the professor.

***

« Blossom ready ? We'll do this one more time.» she nodded.

The girls were training. After 5 years, their bodies weren't moving correctly. The professor decided to help them little by little starting with the training room. Behind the window Bubbles and Buttercup were looking at Blossom while she was the first one experiencing this machine. There was nothing inside before the professor started to turn and push buttons to start the machine. It was a simulation, the place around Blossom started to change. She doesn't see the girls and the professor, but she can hear them. The voice of the professor resonated. She was in a middle of a road crowed by cars, people, children...

« Take off your headphones Blossom. Your main problem is your ears. I think with time you loose your capacity to control your audition. »