Chapter 19: When Shit Gets Loud

Start from the beginning

Flying up into the air, Gravediggers' smile widened. He then outstretched his left hand, and a chain flew out of his palm and wrapped around Paragons leg. Raising his hand into the air caused the chain to jerk Paragon upside down into the air toward him. Then, jumping down through the air, he outstretched his right arm and clotheslined Paragon right back into the skyscraper.

Gravedigger landed on a floor in the middle of the skyscrapers, slamming Paragon onto the ground. This is where he then kicked him in the face, sending him through multiple walls and out the building. Taking a step forward, he walked slowly to the hole Paragon flew out of and examined the scene before him.

On the street below, Paragon stood with his back turned to Gravedigger. Like earlier scenes, this street was similarly filled with corpses. And at the feet of Paragon lay a hand too small to be that of an adult. Turning around slowly, he began to float up into the air until he became level with Gravedigger.

"Stop being so fucking dramatic and fight." Gravedigger moved into a defensive stance, his black energy clashing against the white energy of Paragon.

Phasing forward, Paragon punched Gravedigger right in the stomach, which sent him sliding backwards a couple feet. "You're disappointing me." Phasing forward while drawing his fist back he delivered an energy enhanced punch into Paragon's cheek, launching him out of the building into a skyscraper across the street.

Breaking through a window on one of the higher floors of the skyscraper, Paragon flew through multiple floors before smashing out the other side. But that was not all as he flew into another skyscraper, his body implanting into the concrete on the side of the building. Paragon then pushed himself off the building right as Gravedigger jumped off the skyscraper above him.

After looking up at Gravedigger, Paragon released a beam of energy from his eyes at Gravedigger. Yet even while midair, he was able to maneuver around the beam and land on the side of a skyscraper. Which is where he then jumped towards Paragon, destroying all the windows on the building.

Once in front of Paragon, Gravedigger kicked him down to the street below, creating a crater where Paragon hit the ground. Landing on the ground beside Paragon, Gravedigger grabbed his leg and threw him into a nearby car. And as he began walking toward the car, multiple chains shot out his wrist, piercing into the car and Paragon.

A sudden pull on the chains forced Gravedigger forward right into an uppercut from Paragon which sent him flying into the air. But before Gravedigger could go too far, Paragon pulled the chain down, jerking Gravedigger into the ground before him. Before he could act though, Gravedigger spun on the ground and kicked his foot out from under him.

Jumping up off the ground, Gravedigger caught Paragon with a knee to the face, sending him stumbling backwards. Paragon still stumbling backwards, was hit with a left hook to the face before he could react. After the left hook came multiple jabs and finally a kick to the face which sent him rolling down the street into a pile of bodies.

"I thought you were Paragon, THE American Hero, the man even Atroz Muerte himself fears." Paragon heard as he pushed himself out of the bodies, blood not his own covering his exosuit. "But looking down at you now...all I see is a fraud. A loser who's never had to fight someone as strong as himself."

Paragon turned his head to look up at Gravedigger and jumped up, trying to throw a punch towards his face. But missed when Gravedigger dodged to the side and sent a kick into his stomach. This kick forced Paragon to fall back to the ground and struggle back to his feet behind Gravedigger.

"I am utterly disappointed." Gravedigger stated mockingly, his smile fading to a frown.

"Sorry" Slowly rising off the ground, Paragon peered down menacingly at Gravedigger. "Didn't know it was my job to impress you." As he spoke, the amount of energy being produced from his exosuit skyrocketed, clashing with Gravedigger's energy.