2. Niko

Ever since Nia stepped foot in the room, my eyes have been following her every moment.

She is just so beautiful that I cannot help it.

I have been crushing on her since class 8.

If only we did not have a bro-code, I would have pursued her a lot earlier.

But now that she is an adult and can make her own decisions I am going to try my luck this time.

I have always believed in fated partners, and soulmates in general. So when I acknowledged that I like Nia Harper, I got my mind set on pursuing her.

This time I will not back down.

As soon as our eyes met, I pulled away from the gaze.

Idiot! Why would you do that...

You are being too obvious...

Shit.

Nia came up to me with a sweet smile on her face.
And my heart started thumping.

She asked, "It's been so long, how are you Niko?", and that made my heart flutter more as it made me feel a lot more important.

I guess I am delusional but I want to stay like that...

"Good", I answered, smiling back at her.

We stood there for a minute or two neither of us talking.

A tension built around us.

I was getting too nervous to talk to her.

I feel like such a girl. No, even girls have better courage than me.

It must have been because we haven't talked for a long time.

And just then Amy came to the rescue, as she took Nia away and I took this chance to talk to Sofia.

I dragged her to the kitchen with me.

"I have decided," I said.

It took a moment for Sofia to sink my words in as she realized what I was talking about.

"Bro, are you sure?" She asked, concerned.

"You do realize that you will be breaking your bro-code with Eithan right?"

"Yeah, I do..."

"And that you are going to get killed right?!"

"Yeah, I do"

"I have given it a thought and I have finally decided that this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and I have to take it up. And I can face any troubles I have to, if I can get Nia for me."

"Just help me, please..."I pleaded with Sofia.

"Fine tomorrow let's gather up at Aster's cafe at 12, I will bring the others," Sofia said and left to join the others.

Okay, it's fine. I can do it... Totally...
------------

We ordered four coffees. And settled down in a corner table.

"You are seriously still serious about going after Nia dude..." Amy said while typing something on her phone.

"Yes, I am", I said firmly.

I have never felt the way I feel around Nia with anyone ever.

"So what help can we be of you hopeless romantic?" Camilla asked.

"Help me pursue her," I said

"Well, I had heard from Mom that they had put up an operation on Uncle Alex before to test if he has any emotions... So we can do something like that." Amy said.