1. Nia

I take a deep breath and smell the scent of my birthland.

Ah, it smells sweet. Even though it is polluted.
Who cares. Homeland is the homeland.

I have returned after completing my MBBS degree from Brittain.

It was a good chance for me to get to know about their culture and also get my dream done.

--------

Right now I am at the airport waiting for my brother to pick me up.

It has been so long since I have met him.

It has actually been a long time since I have met with everyone close to me.

"Nia! Here!" somebody shouted at me.

I looked through the crowd and found my brother coming up to me with a bouquet in his hand and a big smile on his face.

I returned his big smile with my own as I walked towards him and hugged each other tightly.

He is wearing his favorite cologne today...

We break free from each other and he hands me the bouquet.

It has red and pink roses. Just my favorites.

He puts his hands in the back pockets of his pants and says, " So my sister has an MBBS degree now hah..."

Hearing it from him sounded so nerve-wracking.

I suddenly felt extremely proud of myself.

"Yes..." I say.

"Oh how much I am going to brag about it with the workers in my office." He says and we both laugh at it.

"Shall we get going then... Everyone is waiting for you... Especially Uncle Josh."He said and we started going towards his car.

Of course, Uncle Josh must be very happy and proud for I am the only one among the youngsters who pursued to be a doctor.

Even though he hates Dad, he surely loves me a lot.

Oh, how I have missed my Twisted family.

-----------

Just as I stepped into the house through the door, confetti was thrown at me, welcoming me.
The house was decorated with balloons and ribbons and a cake was kept at the centre table.

Uncle Josh was the first one to run up to me.
He hugged me tightly in his arms and I hugged him back.

And of course that made Dad jealous.

He came up to me and said, "Your hands off of my daughter right now." to Uncle Josh.

Uncle Josh broke free from the hug and gave him an irritated look.

"I won't... Just go and play a round of chess with Alex." Uncle Josh said, his arms still wrapping me up.

"Why do you always have to add me to your feuds..." Uncle Alex said offended.

And we all burst out laughing.

This is what I have missed all this time.

Dad took this chance and hugged me taking me away from Uncle Josh.
And I hugged him back too.

Nobody can match this comfort that Dad makes me feel. Never. Nobody.

Rather I never want to feel it.

I have hurt once. I won't get hurt twice.

I was taken out of my thoughts when Dad and Uncle Josh started their usual arguments.