Chapter 21-Purpose

Zacznij od początku

Emily missed what he had said and shouted through, "What was that?"

"Nothing. Here. Put this on." He lobbed a black bundle of fabric at her, and she fumbled, finally catching it.

"Well, get out of the bedroom then. I need to change."

James chuckled at her bossiness, smiling internally, knowing that he had helped to create this fireball that now stood in his hotel room. It was really endearing to see how much she had changed, and it was all for the better. Her confidence and sassiness had grown no end.

"I'll put the kettle on then. Same as before?"

"What?" She poked her head out from around the bedroom door, still holding the ball of fabric he had thrown at her close to her chest.

"Another cup of tea?"

"Um...OK. Thanks."

She stepped back inside, and he heard the door to the bedroom click shut behind her.

************************************

When Emily re-emerged, she was wearing a Lady Gaga Chromatica Tour T-shirt that was hugely oversized on her due to James's size and him liking to wear things oversized on himself. She still wore her black hot pants and her black thigh-high suede boots.

She noticed James had closed the curtains in the lounge area and was sat slouched on the couch scrolling around on his phone, smiling to himself. It was only then that she allowed herself to take him in.

He had still kept his usual facial scruff, but had allowed his hair to grow out so that it was much longer, she hadn't realised his hair was so naturally curly, and whilst it suited him, it was going to have to grow on her.

Emily stopped herself. 'Grow on her.' They weren't even together anymore, so what did it matter how it looked to her?

She blushed slightly at this thought and hoped he hadn't seen her, but he'd caught her off guard and was looking at her intently from over the top of his phone.

She cleared her throat to try and regain her composure and walked over to him with her jumper dress slung over her arm, stopping to stand in front of him.

"I didn't see you as a Lady Gaga fan." She chuckled, lightly tugging at the shirt she now wore in a gesture.

She felt his eyes wander up her legs, hover around the bottom hem area of the t-shirt, before slowly moving up to her face.

"Guilty pleasure." He grinned. "Oh, is that your dress? I'll ring up for a collection now. I made you another tea by the way."

"Thank you. I'll just put my dress on the side over here by the door. "

She walked to place the garment on the counter by the door and could instantly feel his eyes on the back of her, landing on her ass. "I am wearing hot pants underneath this t-shirt, just for your information. Don't think I can't feel your eyes on my ass, James." She scolded him, not turning around to tell him, but instantly smirking to herself as she said it, knowing that he would be blushing that she'd caught him out.

"You can take your boots off, you know?" Came a response.

"I know I can, thanks."

She heard a quiet whine come from him.

"What the hell was that? Do I make you feel nervous?" Emily turned back to face him with a bemused look on her face.

"Maybe." Came a soft reply.

He was saved by a knock on the door to the suite.

"Concierge for Mr Arthur." A voice came from the other side of the door.