chapter 43: the meeting part 3

Start from the beginning

Andrea then turned to another crucial witness, Riser's own sister, Ravel Phenex.

Andrea:Ravel, as Riser's sister, you have unique insights into his character. Can you share your perspective on his actions and the impact they had on those around him?

Ravel, composed but with a hint of sadness, began,

Ravel:I watched as Riser abused his power, causing suffering not only to his peerage but to his own family. His actions tarnished the name of the Phenex clan, and I could no longer stand idly by.

The revelations continued, painting a damning picture of Riser's reign of tyranny. The devils in the courtroom were confronted with the stark reality that the accused devil, once seen as a noble figure, had committed unspeakable atrocities.

Sirzechs, who had been presiding over the trial with impartiality, now faced the challenge of delivering justice. The weight of the accusations, coupled with the testimony from Riser's own queen and sister, presented a compelling case against him.

As the trial progressed, the courtroom became a battleground for truth and accountability. The devils present grappled with the uncomfortable truths exposed during the proceedings, and the fate of Riser Phenex hung in the balance as the trial continued to unveil the darkest corners of devil society.

In a moment of seething anger, I couldn't contain my disdain for Riser Phenex. With a sneer, I directed my words at him, my tone dripping with contempt.

Me:You truly are disgusting

I remarked, my eyes narrowing at the accused devil.

Me:The fact that your own family, your sister, and your queen had to testify against you speaks volumes about the depth of your depravity.

Riser, attempting to maintain a facade of indifference, responded with a dismissive smirk.

Riser:This is nothing but a farce. They are conspiring against me.

I scoffed at his denial, the rage within me intensifying.

Me:Conspiring? Your own sister, blood of your blood, has spoken out against the atrocities you've committed. Your queen, someone you should have protected and cherished, had to endure your sickening desires.

The courtroom held its breath, the devils present caught in the tense exchange between accuser and accused. Riser, realizing the gravity of the situation, attempted to deflect blame.

Riser:You were once a part of a peerage, Danny. You know how the game is played.

My laughter echoed with bitterness.

Me:Game? This isn't a game, Riser. These are the lives you've shattered, the trust you've betrayed. Your actions have consequences, and it's time to face them.

As the trial pressed on, my resentment for Riser grew. The revelations of his heinous deeds had ignited a desire within me to see him held accountable. The courtroom became a battleground for justice, and I, fueled by a mix of anger and determination, sought a resolution that would erase the stain of his actions from existence.

When Riser Phenex was given the chance to defend himself, the courtroom hushed in anticipation. The air was thick with tension as Riser attempted to articulate his defense, but what spilled from his mouth only served to underscore the severity of the accusations against him.

Riser:I reject these baseless claims

Riser declared, his tone defiant.

Riser:this is nothing but an orchestrated attempt to tarnish the name of the Phenex clan and undermine my status as a noble devil.