The Temple of the Dragon Cores

Start from the beginning

I left the bakery and made my way their. I knew I wasn't going to do it. But sometimes I looked back anyways. I sat down on the ledge and looked down at the spiky rocks and the waves crashing into them. 

I stared into that abyss for awhile longer before heading back to the Monastery. When I got back Zane and the others were walking somewhere when Zane spotted me. He told them something and walked over to me.

"I need to show you and the others something." I just nodded and followed. "I've spent the past few days catching up on everything I missed when I went offline during the merge. Especially on the Mergequakes like we saw yesterday. They threaten to destroy everything and are increasing in frequency and intensity."

"Zane we know they are increasing and getting worse. Did you just bring us down here to tell us that? " Lloyd asked as if he had bigger things to work on. 

I honestly didn't like that he just talked to Zane like he was a child. "Because I have plants to water." He's getting mad over plants? Seriously? Is this how he deals with everything? By ignoring things he should talk about?

"I do not believe you understand the severity of the data here. The Mergequakes are not simply just getting worse. Their frequency is about to hit a breaking point." A breaking point? That must be really bad if he's bringing it to our attention. "Right now they're appearing one at a time, but soon they will be everywhere simultaneously. Until all is destroyed." Yeah that's real bad. 

"Then what's the solution Zane?" Kai asked. At least someone is taking this seriously, unlike Lloyd who just wants to water plants.

"I see no solution." Great, we're all dead. "This in inevitable."

"Zane, can you roll back? Zoom in." Nya gasped. "Stop there! Up a bit, and a, up to the left. There! Stop right there! I knew I had seen this before! When I was researching Mergequakes in the cloud kingdom I found old texts referring to the 'Coalescence'." Nya explained.

"That could be the merge!" Lloyd said like we all couldn't understand what she meant.

"That's what I thought too. A Coalescence was once prophesied to happen, but didn't. It was stopped." Now that's more interesting. 

"How?" Sora asked.

"By an ancient power kept here. 'The Temple of the Dragon Cores'." Aka things I shouldn't touch. "But I had no image context for it until now. Zane's data revealed where the temple is. If something here prevented a Merge before then it's our best bet at stopping the Mergequakes now. Before it's too late." She told us.

"Watering the plants can wait." Lloyd said. Seriously? That's what he's thinking about?

We all went to the dragons and I got on one with Sora. "I'm sorry for not telling you." I said.

"I get it Y/n. I didn't at first, but if people would come after me for something I possessed I wouldn't tell people too. You don't have to apologize for anything." Sora told me.

"That's Sora."

"Have you and Lloyd talked about it?" She asked.

"No, we haven't talked in a few days. Actually besides this conversation the most I've had with any of you is one with Wyldfyre."

She winced. "Sorry about that."

"I get it. I don't even think I should be going on this trip."

"Because of what you can do?" Sora asked sympathetically.