𝟏𝟔. 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝!

Sirius' eyes widened in realization as he looked at his best friend and then back to his daughter. "Maia!" Sirius yelled, running over to her and pulling her back. "Run." he insisted. "Run. Now."

"But Rem-"

"Leave it to me- Maia, run!" Sirius pushed her back towards the rest of the teens and Snape.

A loud growl was heard, Remus looked like he was in pain. Maia looked at the scene in horror. She watched the man she found so much comfort in struggle and wince as his transformation took over. Sirius turned into his Animagus, pouncing at the wolf. The two fought endlessly, scratching and biting over and over.

Maia looked over and realized Peter had taken Remus' wand and cast some sort of spell on Ron and Hermione, knocking them out. Snape was still levitating, unconscious from the impact of Harry and Maia's spell. Peter began to point the wand to himself, but Maia raised her wand towards him.

"Expelliarmus!" she yelled, but it wasn't quick enough, Peter was already transformed and scurrying away. "Shit! Potter! He's gone!" she yelled.

Harry looked at her with anger, as they scurried over to Hermione and Ron.

"What did he do to them?" Harry asked Maia.

"I- I'm not sure..."

"We'd better get them up to the castle and tell someone," Harry replied frantically. "Come-"

Harry was cut off by a loud whine, coming from out of sight. They looked at each other and then to where the source of the sound was. They got up and ran towards it.

"Sirius." Harry muttered, seeing his godfather bloodied up near the end of the lake.

Harry looked in shock, as Maia heard rustling behind them. She turned around and was met with the werewolf. He growled and then before she knew what was happening, the wolf violently scratched at her arm.

She let out a loud scream, making Harry turn around, "Maia!"

"Run! Get to him! I'll be right there!" she winced, trying to back up more.

Before the werewolf could get another thrash, he seemed to be distracted. He put his claws down and just stared at her for a split second, until running back into the woods. Maia was awfully confused. She noticed her arm was bleeding like crazy, but she ran over to her father and Harry.

She knelt down beside them, noticing how injured her father was.

"Maia- your arm-" Harry muttered.

"It's fine...! It's fine... just-" suddenly the air turned cold. Harry turned around and saw at least a hundred dementors ciricling the three.

"Maia, think of something happy! Quick!" he shouted, raising his wand.

Maia, still keeping pressure on Sirius' wound, noticed what was going on, "Oh- fuck."

"Expecto Patronum! Expecto Patronum! Expecto- Maia help!" Harry kept yelling. As the dementors got closer, one performed the kiss on Sirius.

"No!" Maia screamed. "Expecto Patronum!" she tried but nothing happened. Soon after, one came for her. "Expecto- Expecto..." she passed out, all the life seeming to have drained from her.

When Maia woke up, she was in the hospital wing. She took a deep breath while she looked at her surroundings. Her arm was bandaged up and in a sling, while her bed was right next to Ron Weasley's and Harry's. The first thing she heard was the voice of the Minister of Magic.

"Shocking business... shocking... miracle none of them died... never heard the like... by thunder, it was lucky you were there, Snape..."

"Thank you, Minister."