𝟏𝟑. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐝𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭?

Maia thought her exams went pretty smoothly, all except for transfiguration, where she had some difficulty with her vanishing spells. Still, the stress of not knowing her scores was still there. She had a couple distractions, some good while others just annoying. Her cousin wouldn't shut up about the hippogriff that "attacked" him being executed soon, but, she liked to listen to Astoria tell her about recent things found in the "Witch Weekly" magazine. She also had Fred. Well kind of. She had Fred to smile at everytime she saw him.

It was later in the evening, Maia and Astoria had been walking to the library to take their study books back. They walked passed a small group of Gryffindors walking to their common room, which included Fred, making Maia smile and him smiling back.

Astoria smirked at her friend, "What can I say? I'm a miracle worker!"

Maia rolled her eyes and giggled, "Whatever you say, Tori."

"Hey! I left you in that library with him!" Astoria gasped dramatically.

"Yes, I know! I know!" Maia chuckled. "Speaking of-"

The girls walked through the doors of the library with their study books, placing them with the returns.

"Thank you, ladies." Madam Pince smiled at them from her desk.

The girls both nodded at her, before turning back around towards the door.

"I'm tired- you coming, Maia?" Astoria asked her, tilting her head slightly.

"Actually- I think I'm going to go talk to Remus for a little bit! Terms ending soon. Want to spend as much time with him as possible before the summer, you know?" Maia half-smiled.

"Yeah I get it! Go ahead- I'll meet you back at the dorm." Astoria gave her a small hug. "Love you, Maia!"

"Love you too, Tori!" Maia said, walking in the direction of his office.

When she arrived, she noticed the door was cracked open a bit, so she just walked in. However, Remus was nowhere to be found. He's not one to just leave his office without closing it. As Maia looked around the office, discovering a piece of parchment sprawled out on his desk. Maia walked closer to it noticing it was not blank. It was a map of Hogwarts, and seemed to be enchanted to track everyone in the school. She inspected the map further, seeing the name Remus Lupin walking outside of the castle, as well as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger in a similar area. There were two names that stuck out the most to her, though.

Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew.

As swiftly as she could, Maia made her way out of the office, towards where Remus was. She was at a close pace to running, speed walking down the corridors, and out of the castle.

She finally made her way to where Remus would've been when she saw him on the map. Then she saw him. Remus was walking towards the Whomping Willow, before casting a spell, and then entering what seemed to be a passageway. After he disappeared under the tree, Maia quickly made her way to the willow as well, going through that same passage.

Maia quickly cast Lumos so she could see through the dark tunnel. As she got closer to light, she could hear yelling. A man. That was the voice of the man she heard on the train. Her father. Maia took a deep inhale as she heard the muffled voices of the three third years she saw on the map earlier. When she exited the tunnel, she found herself in the shrieking shack, and creaked her way up the stairs to where the noise was. As she got closer to the door, she heard the younger Weasley.

"What's my rat got to do with anything?" he whimpered in fear

"That's not a rat." she heard her father immediately retaliate.