𝟑. 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭.

The Great Hall was buzzing with chatter, as students were catching up with their friends, talking about summer, and the school year ahead. Dumbledore began his speech, same old stuff, but new defense against the dark arts teacher, but that's not so different either.

"I am pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post for defense against the dark arts. Good luck professor!"

So that's why he was there. Looking over, you could see Snape scowl a bit, giving Professor Lupin the nastiest look.

"New DADA teacher, not surprised.. He's a lot better looking than the other ones we've had don't you think?" Astoria laughed, gaining Maia's attention again.

"Oh my god- Ew Tori! That's a teacher!" Maia laughed, smacking her friend on the arm, Astoria shrugged, still laughing.

Maia suddenly felt her cousin, who was sitting next to her on the other side, turn around and start speaking.

"Pst- Potter- Potter! Is it true you fainted?" Next to him, Goyle pretended to faint, causing the rest of them to laugh. "I mean you actually fainted?"

So she wasn't the only one apparently.

Maia smacked Draco on the arm, turning him back around. "Draco, leave it."

Draco just looks at her and scoffs, "Fine."

Ron Weasley started laughing at Draco, before turning back around to the Gryffindor table. Draco rolled his eyes at Maia, giving her a look that screamed "Stop embarrassing me." Maia just laughed at him before turning back to her conversation with Astoria.

"Is Draco scared of you?" Astoria asked her.

Maia just laughed. "He'd never admit it, but, I'm basically an older sister to him, so I wouldn't be surprised."

Dumbledore finished talking about Hagrid as care for magical creatures teacher before clearing  his throat once more. "Finally, at the request of the ministry of magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban, until such a time, Sirius Black is captured." Maia felt as though a million pairs of eyes were locked on her. She just looked down to her plate, playing with her fork. "The Dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured, their presence will not disrupt our day to day activities, A word of caution: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It's not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."

Maia scoffed quietly, "Yeah, whatever."

Maia took anything Dumbledore said very lightly, as sometimes, they're not always *right.*

"Maia? Are you okay?" Astoria rubbed her shoulder.

"Yeah- I'm fine. Let's just finish eating and get out of here."

---

Finding her way to the Slytherin common room was a mess.

*"She'll put us all in danger!"*

*"She's gonna help him into the castle!"*

*"Hey Black! Like father like daughter, ay?"*

*"Maybe the Dementors will have time to nab you too huh?"*

She just walked faster with her head down, before bumping into someone.

"Shit- I'm sorry-" she looked up to see the two red haired boys. "Not you two again. Go ahead. Let it out."

"Let what out, Black?" Fred smirked.

"The comments. Go on! Give me your best, "How are you gonna get your dad into the castle, eh, Maia?""

"We can't say that!" George gasped dramatically.

"You wouldn't even have time to help him anyway!" Fred replied.

"Yeah? And Why's that Weasley?" Maia rolled her eyes.

"You'd be too busy dealing with us." Fred grinned, as George laughed.

Maia scoffed. "Sure, Whatever you say, Weasley." She walked away from them with a small smirk on her face.

"We made her smile!"

"High-Five, Fred!"

~

𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫!!

Sad, Beautiful, Tragic ~ f.g.wजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें