𝟗. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠...

another short chapter, just for the sake of plot pacing

Maia was awfully relieved, as the next day was the day they left for break, therefore, she wouldn't have to face Fred again until next year. She finished packing the rest of her stuff and went to find Remus before she met Astoria at the train station.

Maia knocked on the door of his office. "Uncle Moony? I had a gift for you- and- I wanted to say bye..."

"Maia- Love, come in." Remus smiles, hugging her. "You got me a gift, you shouldn't have!"

"It's the least I could do!" she smiles, handing him a paper wrapped parcel, tied with a piece of twine.

He took the twine off, and unwrapped it, revealing a patterned sweater with different shades of red, gray, and yellow.

"Oh- Merlin..." Remus breathes out. "Y'know- I am far too old to wear something like this." he laughs.

Maia laughs as well, "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Maia. So much." Remus hugs her. "Here-" he rummages through his desk. "It is not much, but I thought you would like it."

Remus hands her a small book, filled with a bunch of pictures of her and Remus when she was a baby. There were also some with Lily and James Potter, Peter Pettigrew, and very few with her father in it. Maia gave him a large smile.

"You're the best, Uncle Moony." she whispers, giving him a large hug.

"Go on, little one, you're going to miss the train!" Remus patted her on the back.

"Right! Bye, Uncle Moony! Love you!" Maia said, not even realizing what she had said, but it melted Remus' heart.

---

Maia got to the train station just in time to board the train.

"Maia! There you are! Are you doing alright? You know, after yesterday?" Astoria asked her, putting an arm around her shoulder, as they walked onto the train.

"I'll be fine... just.. okay." she replied. "Come on! Let's go find our compartment." Maia smiled a bit.

She had a million thoughts running through her head.

"Is Harry Potter going to try and kill me? I kissed Fred Weasley. I wonder if I ever met Harry when I was younger. Fred's lips were quite nice. Potter is not a killer, right? There's no way I enjoyed kissing Weasley. Though, I actually kinda did- No there are more important matters- But Fred-"

"Maia! You have an awful tendency of zoning out." Astoria laughed. "So what were you thinking about this time?"

"Nothing. It's fine."

"Girl. I've been trying to get your attention for 3 minutes. That was not nothing!" then Astoria dramatically gasps. "You're hiding something..."

"I am not!" Maia turns red. "I'm perfectly fine! I am not hiding anything!"

"Maia, you're so obviously hiding something! Your face is completely red!" Astoria laughed.

Maia had to tell someone- Fred probably told George right? Of course he did. So, why couldn't she tell Astoria? Because Astoria would freak out and make the biggest deal of it. So don't tell Astoria!

"I'm not hiding anything! I'm perfectly fine! Harry Potter does not want me dead! And I most definitely did not kiss Fred Weasley!" Maia snapped. After realizing what she said, she slapped her hand over her mouth.

"You. Did. What!? Maia!? What!? When!? How!? Why!? Was it good at least!?" Astoria shrieked.

"I didn't mean to- It kinda just happened! It was a spur of the moment thing and will never, and I mean never happen again!" Maia emphasizes.

"Mhm! Anyway- Was it good? Well- at least compared to Pucey." Astoria snorted, remembering her friends first kiss.

"Tori."

"Answer the question!"

"It was- nice. But that is it! Nothing else from me!" Maia zips her mouth with a fake zipper.

"You are no fun, my friend." Astoria giggles.

---

When they got to the station, Astoria hugged Maia.

"I'll be at Malfoy Manor in a couple days yeah?" Astoria kissed her best friends cheek.

"See you, Tori." she smiled.

"Yeah! See you soon Greengrass!" Draco smirked.

"Ew."

"Shove off."

"Draco! Maia!" her aunt called out.

~

A/N

tehe another short one but i promise its worth it
i might publish chapter 10 later tonight or tmr depends on how im feelin tehe <3

i hope you all are well :)