Chapter 8

Laura POV

My thoughts are out of control. I'm a complete mess after the night at the "Black Diamond."

Niki and Dona are constantly nagging me with questions. They can't understand that they should leave me alone.

Immediately after our encounter with the stranger, Dona and Niki were sent off safely to the hotel. It's an understatement to say that we're all confused. I cannot figure out what the catch is.

How did he know where we were staying? Uh, my head is going to explode from overthinking.

"Niki, do you want to fucking shut your big mouth anytime soon? Grrr.." I am sitting on the sofa, nervously running my fingers through my hair.

"Bella, you haven't spoken a word since you arrived in the hotel room yesterday. What do you expect us to do? To observe the situation calmly?"

"You arrived dishevelled, as if you'd been caught in a tsunami!"
"You never lose control. Something happened, causing you to bark and bite everyone around you. Don't tell me to shut up that there's nothing going on. "
He huffs.

"You know, I can easily castrate you."
He is glaring at me.

"Fine! Bitch! Do whatever you want. I'm going to enjoy my last day here. I don't want to waste my precious time on you. Instead, I will sunbathe my snake body, drink cocktails, and rest my eyes watching handsome Italians!"

"I didn't know you were insatiable. A big man had a lot to offer. I think he did a good job considering you were squealing like a rubber toy." Dona giggles, and Niki turns green with anger.

"Fucking bitch. I hate you!" He speeds out like a bullet to avoid another remark.

Yes, I am sometimes acting like a bitch to him, but this is the only way he would stop questioning me further.

Dona sat next to me, hugging me.
"You realise he's only concerned about you!"

"We pissed our pants as they captured and blindfolded us. Niki was afraid. "

"You remained behind in the room, with a gun pointed at you."

"We were desperate. We did not know what to do. "

"We were under surveillance until you arrived."

"I understand, Dona. I'm sorry you became engaged in all of this. "

"I'm trying to figure things out."
I sighs, burying my face in my hands.

"I had sex with him."

"Whaaaat?" Dona is in shock.

"I know, total chaos."I admit.

"The craziest thing is that I don't even know his name. This is not me, Dona, and I don't know how to react to all this."

I get up to pack my things.

"I'm going to New York. My cousin is coming to pick me up in half an hour."

Dona hugs me again.
"I am really sorry, Lori. "
"We'll work something out. "
I know she is trying to make me feel better.

"I'm going to find Niki before he does something stupid," she says, smiling.

"See you. Take care of yourself!"
"Niki and I will fly to London tomorrow. We will keep in touch."

"Say sorry to him."

Ok, she said, closing the door.
Once again I am alone with my thoughts.

Fabio and I are close. Our connection grew closer, especially after the loss of his brother David. When David died, we all lost a piece of ourselves. Fabio is no longer the joyful boy. He became a mature man overnight. However, his cheery attitude rises from the depths, which is why I adore him more than any of my brothers.

"Hey beautiful! Do you want me to give you a ride?" He lowers his glasses, trying to pull off a sexy look. I roll my eyes, walking past him to get into the car.

"Hey, I'm not the hotel porter! Show your big brother some respect."

"A few months older," I say to myself.

Fabio is poking me in shoulder to get some reaction from me. But I didn't give him one.

"Listen, Lo, you need to help me."

"Be honest with me. I would like to know exactly what happened in the club."

Here we are again!
"Fab, I've already told you. I'm not even sure if the attack was meant for me."

"What do you mean by that you are not sure, that attack was meant for you?" He questions, looking away from the road towards me.

"There was a guy with me that night when the shooting happened."

"A Guy?" he is asking me with the raised eyebrows. I look out the window, so he wouldn't notice my rosy cheeks.

"It's not what you think. We were just talking." I am a bit defensive.

"Who's the guy?"

"I don't know, Fab! We exchanged a few words; there was a shooting; he killed two people; and I ran away. That's it." Frustrated, I said everything in one breath.

Fabio didn't not continue with the questions. But the feeling in my gut tells me that he doesn't believe me. I wouldn't believe it myself, either. A few details do not appear to be serious enough to cause me stress. I grew raised in a dangerous world.

We spent the rest of the drive in silence. Fabio turned on some hip-hop music, and my thoughts returned to the stranger. Our bodies fit so nicely together. I pictured his fingers and kisses covering my entire body. It become hard for me to sit in the car, all aroused and with all my senses heightened. My entire body is on fire, and there is nothing I can do to get my release.

When we arrived at the airport, Fabio led us cautiously through the entrance.

I take a gulp of water from the machine before I head to the boarding queue.

" Lo..."
Fabio hugs me and says: "I'll find out who this person is. "
"Nobody can play with a lion without getting hurt."

He kissed my cheeks and sped away in his black Maserati.

I'm not sure if I'm thrilled or afraid by the possible truth about the man who has consumed my mind and body. Dante has always been my special person. First and foremost, he was responsible for my first kiss, love, and sexual experience. Dante was the only guy in my life, aside from my brothers.

All of my promises, aspirations, and dreams that I had made to myself were dashed that night in the arms of a stranger.

I discovered a side of myself that I didn't know existed, and it worries me.