"God damn it, Judith! Stop acting like this kills only you! Because it doesn't. Do you even want to know what I see when I see those pictures? Or what I think when they take those pictures of us at dinner and then doctor them up? I cringe. Every. God. Damn. Time. Why? Because it's not with you! I want my pictures with you! I want my time with you. And yet, I can't fucking get it. It hurts me too. But I know what it is.

"The fact that you keep allowing the media to dictate your words, thoughts, and even your feelings, proves to me that your trust in me is shaky at best. You might say the pretty words, but you don't mean them. You never did."

"That's not fair!"

"No, it's not. Nor is wanting to be with someone, for liking them a whole fucking lot, and yet not getting it returned." Judith clenched her back teeth, willing herself not to cry in front of him. "I think we need to cut lunch short."

"I couldn't agree more." She grabbed her purse off the table and yanked her jacket off the rack, groaning as it got stuck. She yanked it harder, her eyes getting blurry with the tears there.

"Let me help you."

"I got it," she muttered through clenched teeth. She yanked yet again, not caring that it fell down. He could pick it up. With that, she flung her coat on and raced out of the house, calling for an Uber on the way down the street.

How dare he fucking do that to her. Make her feel like this was crazy. Or even better yet, put her feelings so far down on the scale. She wasn't used to this. The past relationship she had; she at least had a man who wanted to be with her.

But, isn't that what Angel said? He didn't want to be with Molly, she knew that. She really did. She even said as he was pointing it out to her. The outside world wants that, but not him. He wanted her. Wanted only her. She paused on the sidewalk and wiped her eyes, ignoring the odd looks she was getting from people. God damn it, wasn't there a fucking street in LA that wasn't fucking busy.

"Judith?" She turned, the tears streaming harder down her face as she saw him. "Come here," he told her, and she did. She ran to his arms, her hands clutching the back of his shirt as she buried her head in his chest.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled. "I really am."

"I know," he told her, running his hands over her back. She felt his wave and she figured her ride had come. "I'll take you home," he told her, causing her to nod. She still didn't want to look at him, didn't want to leave the comfort of his embrace. But she knew they had to. They would start making a scene and that's the last thing she wanted right now. "Let's go back." Again, she nodded.

With her tucked to his side, he walked her back to his place, and the whole time, she tried to stop the sniffles and the tears. Because he was right. This was on her head and she knew better. He just gave her the slap for her to realize it.

"I didn't mean to cause this, you know." He chuckled as he walked her back in.

"I know," he told her, cupping her cheeks. She stared up at him, wanting to say something but not sure what. "It'll be okay. Just, really, trust me."

"I do," she whined, clenching her hands at her sides. She did. She knew she did.

"Then show it. Don't even look at those anymore." He kissed the tip of her nose, and she grinned a little. "How about you and I look at flights?"

"For what?" she asked, swiping her hand under her nose.

"To go visit your parents. You still want that getaway, right?"

"Yeah, I do."

"So, let's turn the day around. We can check the flights, see what works for your parents, and plan that getaway as soon as we can."

-----

"They said they were meeting us, right?" Angel asked, just as the pilot announced their descent. Judith looked at him and grinned. A week ago, they had booked the flights, and she told her mom they were coming. And because her mom was, well, her mom, she knew something was wrong. Judith explained what she could, but she still struggled. Her mom told her that they could talk when they came into town.

"Yes, they are. And yes, we're staying with them. So, no wild, crazy, sex, in my parent's place, please." Angel tilted his head as he looked at her, a smirk on his lips. "Oh God, what?"

"Didn't you ever dirty up your room with someone?"

"What? No way!"

"Think it's time, JD." Judith rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the blush, which was not a good thing if her parents were picking them up.

"You're horrible."

"I am, but you enjoy it." He took her hand as the plane touched down and then taxied to their gate. This was it. They would be getting off soon, grabbing their bags from the carousel, and then meeting her parents at the entrance. She wasn't ready for this. At all. "It'll be okay."

"It's not my parents I'm worried about."

"Then what?"

"My brothers, when the time comes. They're going to tease the crap out of you." Angel threw his head back and laughed.

"Judith, I have my own brothers, don't you remember? I've been teased and picked on all my life. Everything will be fine. Let's just enjoy the break, please?" He was right, she knew. It would be okay. Because this was going to be fun. She had the pleasure of meeting his family, now he got to meet hers. All that they were!

He stood up, once they got the clear, and held her head as he led her off the plane. With a hard swallow, she followed him down to the baggage claim and allowed him to grab hers as well as his. And then she turned, almost gasping at the sight before her. It wasn't just her parents that were there. Nope, so were some of her siblings, all of whom seemed to be staring at them.

"Judith," her mom cried, opening her arms wide for her daughter.

"Mom," she screamed, hugging the older woman tight.

"Dang, Judith, bringing home the boyfriend. Since when did you become the cradle robber here? So very unlike you!"