~ Chapter 13 ~

"Don't worry Angel, it's okay. I'll take the photo," she told them as she stood up and took the phone, smiling at the young woman. She couldn't get upset, she refused to. Sure, it didn't feel good, but she just told him last night she would take this road slowly, so she just had to bear it. Besides, it wasn't like she didn't think the same thing right? The situation wasn't ideal, but she wasn't going to ruin it. "Say cheese," she told them, almost laughing at the eye roll that Angel gave her before snapping a couple more photos and handing the phone back to the woman.

"Thank you. I'm such a huge fan," she told him, ignoring Judith who took the moment to just watch the young woman. There were plenty of times she wondered about fans, what they thought and how they acted with those they adored. Her interactions with them were very limited; even the few she had didn't amount to anything really. At least this way she was able to see how they could be. Which was perfect given that her latest novel was centered around a rock star, groupie love, and finding the one woman to help him mend his ways. "What?" the lady asked as she turned to Judith.

"Sorry, nothing, was just watching you."

"Um, isn't that creepy and rude?" Judith shrugged.

"Maybe a little creepy, but rude, no. Because you were just as rude in not acknowledging me. And if I was his mother, which I'm not, I would have serious issues with you and how you acted towards me. So, fan, or not, I would have had a few choice words, and they wouldn't be pretty."

"Are you going to let this woman talk to your fan that way, Angel?"

"As she's the woman who has the power to remove me off the set, yeah, I am. Besides, she's right. JD is a friend of mine, not my mother, but either way, I'm not okay with you just shoving a phone at her and demanding pictures and not even uttering a thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me, JD here was so kindly talking to me about the stories she was creating by people-watching."

"She's a writer?" the young lady asked, and Judith gave her a shit-eating grin.

"I am. Look for my next story, I promise you'll appear in it." With that, she turned around and took Angel's hand, walking back down to the boardwalk.

"Oh, that was too much," Angel told her between fits of laughter. "My mom would have done the same thing, although she might have cursed her out in Spanish and then went on with her speech." Judith shrugged, enjoying the sound of his laugh.

"Do they do that a lot, the fans I mean? Just stop you and ask for pictures or something?" He paused as he stopped them before a little ice cream shop and nodded.

"It's part of the territory, I guess. I love my fans and love their support, but it is getting harder for me to go out and not be recognized. Not every fan is nearly as rude as that one in ignoring those I'm with, but a lot of my family, they rather be ignored. I also try to be quick with fans, quick hug, smile, photo, we're done." He held open the door for her and let her walk in first. "Besides, no matter the woman, a lot of fans get oddly possessive, like they don't want to see me with anyone."

"I highly doubt that was the case, since she made the comment that I was old enough to be your mother." He leaned down next to her while she stared at the flavors.

"I noticed, and I was so proud of you that you didn't flinch or run away. It was really hard not to pull you in my arms and kiss you as a reward for it." She blushed after those words and shook her head, turning so she could smack his chest.

"You are a huge flirt." He gave her a shit-eating grin and shrugged.

"Yeah, so, do you have a point?" Did she? No, she didn't. But she did like it, even if she wasn't supposed to. And there went that thinking, that line of thought that she needed to stop!