Chapter 8: You're my friend, I'm obligated to

• • •

"It's going to happen because
I'm going to make it happen."

- Chris J. Preston

• • •

A party.

Dawson had called me because he needed me to pick him up at a party.

I shoved my way into a sandwich between a guy and girl, who threw rude remarks at me due to my own rudeness for tearing apart their rated 18 dance moves. I rolled my eyes at their comments and ignored them as I continued to shove and push through the throngs of people.

"This has got to be a safety hazard," I hissed under my breath as I felt sweat gather on my forehead and as drinks spilled on the top I was wearing. I hadn't changed out of my plain white shirt that I had worn to Cassidy's house because I didn't have the time to worry about my own wardrobe. The problem now was that unfortunately my top had become see-through thanks to the alcoholic liquid.

"Thanks asshole," I muttered as I finally escaped the trap of drunken college students.

I was inside a frat house that were known for their extraordinary charity work for troubled teens, ironic really now that we find their wild party habits.

"Atriaahahh."

My head snapped in the direction of the familiar, slurred voice and was shocked to see a stumbling and euphoric Elenor fall onto my body. I shrieked as her weight fell onto me but was thankful as it was quickly lifted by Gerald.

"Tria," Gerald greeted at the same time Elenor let out another slur of my name, "Treeeeahhhh"

I chuckled and pushed the hair out of Elenor's face that was sticking to her forehead. "Hot in here, isn't it?"

Gerald nodded just as Elenor replied. "Too hot! Hotter now that you're here! Can we dance, can we please dance?"

I pinched Elenor's cheek and then turned to Gerald, ignoring her alcohol-filled requests.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought the student council only comes out when the world needs saving," I teased while Elenor pulled at my arm.

Gerald shrugged his shoulders, still calm and collected. He ignored my joke and responded curtly, "Elenor was working too hard, thought she needed some fresh air."

"And some fermented juice, I see," I retorted as Elenor continued to whine for me to join her on the dance floor.

I rolled my eyes at her and smiled. She had been working to hard, the event preparations must have been taking a toll on her due to the administration wanting to hold final examinations next week. Speaking of final examinations, why wasn't anyone studying? Why was everyone partying? I had gone over to Cassidy's place to study even if none of that had happened due to my addiction with sleep, but at least the thought was involved.

"What are you doing here?" Gerald questioned back, asking the same question I had asked myself.

I shrugged my shoulders, not ready to reveal my connections to Dawson Ledger.

"Same as everyone else, to party."

Within five minutes, Elenor had whined loud enough for me to finally relent in joining her on the dance floor while Gerald went to talk with his other friends, using me as Elenor's new babysitter. I tried not to think about how my original mission was to find Dawson but the texts flashed in my mind.