032

MY PURPOSE - JOHN B ROUTLEDGE

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO - JOHN B'S DOWNFALL

Eleanor was woken up to the gentle touch of John B who had snuck into her bed at three AM before he went on his fishing trip with Ward.

"Hi" He whispered and placed a kiss on her cheek as she smiled sleepily at his touch.

"Hi" She whispered back and John B smiled while he brushed her messy hair away from her face. It was nice to see her looking so calm and vulnerable for once.

"I'll be back soon all right? Don't miss me too much"

Eleanor hummed as she opened her eyes slightly to look at him "Be safe John B"

"I will" And with that, he made his exit from the house without disturbing anyone as Eleanor rolled back over and closed her eyes to get some more sleep before John B would be back.

-----

Eleanor woke up for the second time a few hours later to a knock on her door and Leon asking if she was decent before walking in with a cup of steaming, hot coffee and some cinnamon roll pancakes on a plate.

Eleanor smiled, pushing herself up and propping her back against the headboard, then reaching for the plate that Leon handed her "God you're the best, thank you"

"You're welcome, El" He smiled and took a seat near the end of her bed "So I went into John B's room this morning and found it empty meaning he left quite early. Is he all right? Did something happen?"

She couldn't help but smile at how much Leon had come to care for John B "Well erm...it wasn't something I really wanted to tell you so if I do you gotta promise me you won't freak out okay?"

Leon sighed "I just wanna know if he's okay El, that boy's gotta have someone looking out for him"

"Well he's fine but he did go fishing with Ward but let me explain before you get all angry and shit"

Leon jaw clenched in anger but he shut his mouth and let his niece speak who took a breath before saying "John B used to work for Ward before he fired him for some stupid reason and then yesterday Ward asked him to help him on a fishing trip this morning. It was good money so I made John B take the offer otherwise Ward would start getting suspicious but I'm sure he'll be back soon"

"I trust you El, I trust the both of you but if I find out that Ward did something to John B in any way he's a dead man" Leon finished and Eleanor could tell he meant it. He always did.

"I'll take your word for it" She smiled at him when the sound of a car horn beeping rang from outside making Eleanor jump. She forget Kiara was picking her up today.